Disco 2 prices?

Started by Matt H, November 18, 2018, 10:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt H

What the heck is going on with asking prices on DII's lately?
I'v been looking out for a decent unit for my daughter for a while and the prices seem crazy high.
Used up, tattty units are going for $3-$5K. Lower mileage tidy outfits want close to $10K or more!

For a while there a couple of years ago a nice DII could be had for around $5K and now it would seem prices have shot up. Don't know if many of these asking prices are actually realized but for the same money you can also afford a nice LR3 or RRS, even a low mile early L322 Range Rover!

D1 prices are also much more realistic so what gives?

I like the D2 as much as the next guy but I'm not interested in anything remotely close to the current prices for fourteen year old 'run of the mill' old Disco.
No Road Except For Land-Rover.

bumpydormobile

We DII owners are conspiring against the world!
But honestly, I have mine for sale for $11500.  Not many might think it's
worth that but the motor is completely rebuilt and I have put steel bumpers on it and Dura  trak tires on all corners, and a 10 K lb winch.  I'm basically hoping for someone that wants a truck that has the work done already.

David

binch

That's a rebuilt engine 4.6 with top hat sleeves from Turner. ;)
Cheers, Bill

Trevor

I'm not sure what's up with that Matt. Those prices do seem pretty high for just a normal D2 that's got a 14+ year old motor, trans, etc etc, and all the electrical snafu's that are added as bonus features.

Out of curiosity, have you checked elsewhere in Canada? Are you seeing similar numbers elsewhere?
"You will be hollow. We shall squeeze you empty, and then we shall fill you with ourselves."
― George Orwell, 1984

Freedom Convoy Truckers -- Canadian Heroes!
Justin Trudeau --Enemy of the People!

Matt H

Just in the West. Looking east short time ago I could have had a nicely built D2 with 33" tyres, double locked, upgraded axle shafts etc etc for an asking price of $6500.

Last time I checked there was a really tasty looking G4 Disco for $6000 in Manitoba.

Regular units seem to command a $4500-$5000 for a nice low mileage unit. $500 + for a fixer upper.
No Road Except For Land-Rover.

binch

Maybe the price is up right now as we are entering the winter months and the hunting season.   But I'll be it's the winter months.

Or maybe it's a reflection of the new disco  ;D
Cheers, Bill

Red90

Not 10% as stupid as Defender asking prices...

Trevor

Quote from: Matt H on November 18, 2018, 05:43 PM
Just in the West. Looking east short time ago I could have had a nicely built D2 with 33" tyres, double locked, upgraded axle shafts etc etc for an asking price of $6500.

Last time I checked there was a really tasty looking G4 Disco for $6000 in Manitoba.

Regular units seem to command a $4500-$5000 for a nice low mileage unit. $500 + for a fixer upper.

Ok, those numbers make sense for the G4 and kitted out units. The $4500 - $5000 even seems high to me for a D2. Unless a lot of vehicles that age are being removed outright from the market, there should be a huge surplus of brands options available which = lower prices. 

Alberta can have some absurdly inflated prices (on anything), but that's usually driven by excess $$'s flowing out of the oil patch....which certainly isn't happening now.  It's a bit of an odd one, makes no sense to me.
"You will be hollow. We shall squeeze you empty, and then we shall fill you with ourselves."
― George Orwell, 1984

Freedom Convoy Truckers -- Canadian Heroes!
Justin Trudeau --Enemy of the People!

pechanec

Problem is, the oil dollars flowed for long enough that lots of us albertans think we're Saudis. Or folks are optimistically hoping to get those prices to pay their​ mortgage. Lol. BTW, we bought our D2 three years ago for $2500

Sent from my XP7700 using Tapatalk