Shipping to England

Started by Gardenome, October 29, 2018, 04:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gardenome

Best way to send a steering box to the United Kingdom for repair? Puro and fedex are way too pricey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ugly_90

I've sent injection pumps by surface mail with Canada Post. It was reasonable, but took many months. You won't be able to do that on the return trip, UK airmail parcels seem limited to 1KG or less, and seem to have no surface option anymore. I have a later plan for that for you.

Of course, ensure the steering box is fully drained before shipping.

Trevor

Is repairing that not something Bert at Sports Car Center might be able to help with Ian? He's pretty good at tackling these sorts of things.
"You will be hollow. We shall squeeze you empty, and then we shall fill you with ourselves."
― George Orwell, 1984

Freedom Convoy Truckers -- Canadian Heroes!
Justin Trudeau --Enemy of the People!

mike.heathcote

I've got stuff inbound from Bearmach right now... they ship through DHL, and the rate wasn't too bad. 
Not sure how they'd look for rates heading back the other way? 

Rambler

When I moved back to the UK a few years back I shipped huge u haul boxes of all sorts of things, some over 25 kg. Canada post surface post shipping wasn't so bad.  On my return 6 months later I used a company (trans global express) who have good rates with dhl.  It didn't seem so bad cost wise, for similar large parcel. 
1957 Series One 88", petrol

SOLD:
'Luna' - Series 2 88", petrol with full tilt, ('61) [Restoration complete in 2020]
'Tardis' - Series 3 88", petrol hard top ('74) .. last seen sunning itself in the Carolinas