57 Series one 88” for sale, not mine - SOLD

Started by Rambler, October 28, 2018, 03:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rambler

I had been interested in the following series for sale near Lethbridge.  Craig has been to see this, and found the frame to be in good order and the seller genuine.  He has some photos.

There is a lot of interest, so likely won't be there long, but cost of Series one parts should be considered in your purchase.  E.g. a new tank might cost you 2 or 3 limbs, vs. the more reasonable price of later series parts  :'(

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars/lethbridge/1958-land-rover-first-series-58-inch-wheel-base/1392216653?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true
1957 Series One 88", petrol

SOLD:
'Luna' - Series 2 88", petrol with full tilt, ('61) [Restoration complete in 2020]
'Tardis' - Series 3 88", petrol hard top ('74) .. last seen sunning itself in the Carolinas

Rambler

While the ad said not mine, I'm happy to say this is now mine.  It was delivered to Regina on Tuesday.  The long rebuild now begins.

1957 Series One 88", petrol

SOLD:
'Luna' - Series 2 88", petrol with full tilt, ('61) [Restoration complete in 2020]
'Tardis' - Series 3 88", petrol hard top ('74) .. last seen sunning itself in the Carolinas