SGMT

Started by lovejugs, October 11, 2018, 07:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

lovejugs

So just in case no one has seen the last comments the SGMT will be help at its usual location on Sunday the 21st October. i am intending 4/5 courses event to stat at 10.00. breakfast meet at 8.00. could i get a few volunteers to help set up?
Dave

binch

For those who don't know anything about the SGMT.....
The Sean Green Memorial Trial was named after the gentleman who started the trialing event for our club MANY years ago now.   He planned the event and scheduled it all before asking the land owner if we could use his property.   Fortunately the Land Hold was non other then Malcalm Engleman (early model land rover god and club member extraordinaire).    The event was a huge success and we've never looked back.   When Sean passed away some years back it only seemed fitting to honor his memory with an annual Trials event.....   The SGMT

Date/Time: Sunday, 0ct 21, 2018    Start will be at 10:00 AM to mid/late afternoon

Location: Bruderheim sand pits    (for your GPS 53°52'34.2"N 112°57'51.8"W)

Directions:   From Ft Saskatchwan take Hwy 15 north.  Just after the road bends to the east you'll come to Hwy 830 (aka RR 210), turn left (north) and drive 12 miles to Twp Rd 565 and turn right (east).   You can't miss the turn as there is a big sand pit on the SW corner.   You'll find the staging area about 500m from the corner, on the south side of the gravel road.
Here's the location on Google maps so you can plan your route:
https://goo.gl/maps/3ieb5cFg71Q2

Breakfast: Participants can meet at the Humpty's in Fort Saskatchewan for breakfast at 8:00 for a nice social breakfast and last chance toilet break, with a plan to leave for Bruderheim no later than 9:30.

Event details: There will be 4 or 5 sets of ten gates which will be run forward and backward if time permits.   Time doesn't count here....but touching gates or stopping results in penalties and laughter aplenty.

Lunch will be provided.

Volunteers:  There is a lot of work to setting this course up.  But with a half dozen bodies to help we can get it done in a little more then an hour.   If you can help Dave with the set up it would be GREATLY appreciated!!!!

Please respond directly to Lovejugs if you can help set up or are interested in participating.  We need numbers for the food.

LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!!!
Cheers, Bill

Matt H

Joy and I will be onboard to help set up 😁
No Road Except For Land-Rover.

Trevor

I'm afraid I can't make this one. I have a dinner engagement already booked the night before, and getting up bright and early Sunday most definitely will not be in the cards :).
"You will be hollow. We shall squeeze you empty, and then we shall fill you with ourselves."
― George Orwell, 1984

Freedom Convoy Truckers -- Canadian Heroes!
Justin Trudeau --Enemy of the People!

B-Red

I have a change in my schedule. I won't be able to attend the event tomorrow. Will catch up in future events. Cheers. Emad

Gardenome

As always, so much fun. Everyone helped set up and tear down. Excellent prizes. Only minor damage here and there. Special thanks to Dave, Norm and team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

binch

How many, what vehicles, who one, what were the highlites, etc ????

Enquiring minds need to know  ;D
Cheers, Bill

Gardenome

Due to some rather unprecedented incidents, we've all taken a vow of silence.

binch

Cheers, Bill

lovejugs

The winner this year was a close run thing the Huffadine's  both scored 14 and Ian was very closed to making it a draw for first place but in the end Glen won with 13 points. great day out i am not sure about the adults but the kids and the dog will sleep for the rest of the month lol.
    thank you to everyone for your help and making it a great day out
Dave

Trevor

"You will be hollow. We shall squeeze you empty, and then we shall fill you with ourselves."
― George Orwell, 1984

Freedom Convoy Truckers -- Canadian Heroes!
Justin Trudeau --Enemy of the People!

Gardenome

This is Bean. She was there too.

Gardenome

I have one video but don't know how to post it. Alan has most of the photos.

B-Red

You can create a YouTube account to post video then share link here. Emad

alany

Don't get your panties in a bunch! :D I took 718 photos so it's taking me a bit to go through them. Here's a couple teasers: