SGMT 2018

Started by Mark, September 26, 2018, 11:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark

I've got a really dumb question. I've been away from Rovering for a couple years and more focused on spawning offspring. I'd like to get back into the club and would also love to introduce my boys into the fun too! Anyways, it brings me to my question, is there going to be a SGMT this year?

Thanks!
Mark
1993 Range Rover County LWB - Ardennes Green
2006 LR3 HSE - Java Black
2008 LR2 HSE - Orkney Grey

1984 Porsche 911 Carrera 3.2 - Guards Red

B-Red

Hi Mark

The SGMT is every year. So, keep an eye on the forum. It will be announced. Dave is looking after it this year.
Cheers

binch

I was speaking with Dave yesterday about this....He's got a cunning plan which may involve snow this year  ;)
Cheers, Bill

Mark

1993 Range Rover County LWB - Ardennes Green
2006 LR3 HSE - Java Black
2008 LR2 HSE - Orkney Grey

1984 Porsche 911 Carrera 3.2 - Guards Red

lovejugs

yep i have been out of it a little for a while trying to get other things done. the current plan is the the SGMT will be held on October the 20/21 this year. i am hoping for colder weather just for some different driving conditions. ( should have done it last week in the snow lol) usual location at the moment unless something else turns up
Dave L

headdamage

What is the usual location?

binch

For those who don't know anything about the SGMT.....
The Sean Green Memorial Trial was named after the gentleman who started the trialing event for our club MANY years ago now.   He planned the event and scheduled it all before asking the land owner if we could use his property.   Fortunately the Land Hold was non other then Malcalm Engleman (early model land rover god and club member extraordinaire).    The event was a huge success and we've never looked back.   When Sean passed away some years back it only seemed fitting to honor his memory with an annual Trials event.....   The SGMT

Date/Time: Sunday, 0ct 21, 2018    Start will be at 10:00 AM to mid/late afternoon

Location: Bruderheim sand pits    (for your GPS 53°52'34.2"N 112°57'51.8"W)

Directions:   From Ft Saskatchwan take Hwy 15 north.  Just after the road bends to the east you'll come to Hwy 830 (aka RR 210), turn left (north) and drive 12 miles to Twp Rd 565 and turn right (east).   You can't miss the turn as there is a big sand pit on the SW corner.   You'll find the staging area about 500m from the corner, on the south side of the gravel road.
Here's the location on Google maps so you can plan your route:
https://goo.gl/maps/3ieb5cFg71Q2

Breakfast: Participants can meet at the Humpty's in Fort Saskatchewan for breakfast at 8:00 for a nice social breakfast and last chance toilet break, with a plan to leave for Bruderheim no later than 9:30.

Event details: There will be 4 or 5 sets of ten gates which will be run forward and backward if time permits.   Time doesn't count here....but touching gates or stopping results in penalties and laughter aplenty.

Lunch will be provided.

Volunteers:  There is a lot of work to setting this course up.  But with a half dozen bodies to help we can get it done in a little more then an hour.   If you can help Dave with the set up it would be GREATLY appreciated!!!!

Please respond directly to Lovejugs if you can help set up or are interested in participating.  We need numbers for the food.

LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!!!
Cheers, Bill