2,000,000 Defender

Started by Red90, June 22, 2015, 12:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Red90

I believe this means all "real" Land Rovers since 1948....

Already a Rover

Well it was slick and I loved it.

binch

That's a pretty well put-together film!   That vehicles going to sell for a good coin I'll bet too!!!

And to think........we still don't know what the end is..... 8)
Cheers, Bill

B-Red

" Deffender is my magic carpet"
That got me

Matt H

Great film.

To quote Bear Gryles, "You develop a bond with the things you depend on."  Very true. Having a toy to mess about with on weekends is nice but when you have had to 100% depend on a vehicle for your livelihood, extended travels or even your very life it changes status from a toy to trusted friend.

Looks like Land Rover are beginning a serious push for the Defender brand now. I read the other day that they are going to reintroduce the Heritage parts scheme for obsolete models that will cover as far back as some SI items!

Perhaps all the collective whining from enthusiasts about forgetting their roots and pandering to the wealthy has been noticed after all? Or maybe they are just more actively positioning the "Defender" brand as a adventure/working vehicle ahead of its new model release?

Either way, I loved the film and would love to own that 2,000,000th Defender.
No Road Except For Land-Rover.

B-Red

https://youtu.be/dxgb1wf7kZk

A good goodbye to the Defender. Very befitting.

binch

Talk is cheap....I'll wait until they actually bring one out.     I still have a bad taste in my mouth from the LR north America spokesman that addressed our Solihull Society's Moab trip a few years ago.    He may as well have been speaking for #45 >:(
Cheers, Bill