August 18, 2018. Trail Days at South Cooking Lake Festival and Car Show

Started by B-Red, August 11, 2018, 09:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

B-Red

Good day fellows,

Join us for a day of FREE family fun at South Cooking Lake's biggest event of the year, including a pancake breakfast, parade, car show, inflatables, horse show, Country Market, dog show, beer garden, horseshoe tournament, kids games, wagon rides and much more!

This will start at the Fire Hall located at 22142 SOUTH COOKING LAKE ROAD. Pancake breakfast begins at 8 am. prepared by the local fire fighters. Payment by donation.

The Show and Shine Car show registration begins at 10 am by the Church. Registration fees are $20.00 dollars at the registration table.

As well, the Sherwood Park Radio Club is volunteering to setup and direct traffic in the parking lot at the Fire Hall. I am the team lead this year. You will need an orange vest and dress for the weather. We will supply the radios and the wands for directing traffic. Let me know if you wish to volunteer with us in this event. Our tasks are as follows:

We will set up the parking pillions and take command of the parking lot before the spectators show up. Parade will leave at 11:00 am towards the fairgrounds.

Will need few volunteers. Time line roughly as follows:

7:00 to 7:45 am: Set up the traffic control grid. Four persons needed.

8:00 am to 11:am:
The following is needed. 2 hour shifts will be used if we have sufficient volunteers. Breakfast breaks will be done as opportunities open up for the volunteers.

One at the front gate in his/her vehicle to meet drive ins and answer questions

Two in the centre to direct traffic from main entrance and side entrance

One or two to park the cars in the open field

One or two floaters to fill in gaps as they emerge.

11:30 to 12:00 pm we will dismantle the pillions and head back for lunch.

Please let me know by August 13 if possible if you are able to help. Need as much hands as possible. Also let me know how many are interested in participating in the car show.

Appreciate your quick response

thank you