Please remove - Parts-best offer and some free

Started by billpatterson, July 29, 2018, 10:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

billpatterson

Hi

I have a blown 2.25 l diesel engine (from a 1980 Series 2a) and some other parts I do not need. Bert rebuilt a 2.5 l diesel for me and I have swapped out the other parts. I do not know what the 2.25 l is worth probably not much but maybe something; make me an offer? The other pieces are free; let me know if you would like any of them?

-Blown 2.25 l diesel engine
-Battery mount
-Oil bath air filter
-Paper filter air filter
-Leaky diesel tank
-Vinyl seats
-Fan schroud
-Starter
-Leaky radiator

Thanks
Bill

Bill Patterson

ugly_90

What is failed on the 2.25 engine?

billpatterson

Hi there

The 2.25 has low compression. It runs and the 109 drove with it; just low power. The 2.5 l rebuild was an opportunity for a bit more power and some updating.

Let me know?

Thanks!

Bill
Bill Patterson

headdamage

it is possible to use a 2.25 diesel pump and head on a 2.5 diesel block.

ugly_90

There's only a few guys after 2.25 diesels, probably since the 2.5 is so available used here. You might try the BC group, as there may be more demand.

billpatterson

Hi

The diesel pump is certainly different. And I am unsure about using the head on a 2.5; I suspect someone on the forum knows.

Thx

Bill P
Bill Patterson

ugly_90

I would suggest selling the worn engine complete for whatever you feel it's worth. If exmilitary, from my experience on the 2.5, severe bore wear appeared common, even on an army rebuilt engine, rather than an easy ring or valve fix. Should that be the case with yours, I would expect an affordable O/S piston fix to most likely solve what could be an as yet uninspected bore issue.

The 2.25 block should be originally linerless, if unrebuilt, rather than some later 2.5 blocks which appeared to have factory liners.

If you happen to have a cracked block 2.25 with some good 2.5 engines lying about, maybe another plan of recycling and parting together would be reasonable. I vote sell off to whomever wants it.

xmod109

Bill

I am looking for a 2.5 NA air filter housing from a defender and it looks like you have one pictured. Sending a PM

Del

Dogteam

Bill,
I could certainly use the seats! And maybe the oil bath filter if no one else needs it...

Mike Hooker

billpatterson

Hi there

Last week, when I was away, some metal scraper helped him/herself (read stole  >:( ) the pile of pieces shown above in my pictures. The pieces left are the diesel fuel tank and seats. The 2.25 l diesel engine is still available; it is in my garage. The fan shroud is spoken for and was put aside. 

Regards

Bill
Bill Patterson

Rambler

Hi Bill

I am very sorry to hear about the theft of your parts.   Thank you very much for putting the shroud to one side for me.

Best wishes
Ian
1957 Series One 88", petrol

SOLD:
'Luna' - Series 2 88", petrol with full tilt, ('61) [Restoration complete in 2020]
'Tardis' - Series 3 88", petrol hard top ('74) .. last seen sunning itself in the Carolinas

billpatterson

Hi Ian

The shroud is safe and sound. Let me know when/how you'd like the shroud?

Bill

Ps. The 2.25 l engine is still available. Very soon though it will be delivered to the metal scrapers if no one is interested. I need to make space.

-Bill P

Bill Patterson