2018 Land Rover Wheels Event

Started by alany, July 22, 2018, 09:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

alany

Hi Everyone,

The local LR Edm dealer is wanting to do the Wheels event this year on Sunday Sept 23. Does this work for folks and how many will be able to help out? We typically need a minimum of 10 trucks to make this work but 15 is better.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Alan

pechanec

We are willing with one or possibly two rigs, schedule permitting (end of September is still a ways off)

Sent from my XP7700 using Tapatalk

B-Red

Gardenome

Mine has been behaving and I had a great time last year so I'd like to make it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trevor

I'll be in Moab, so no go again for me.
"You will be hollow. We shall squeeze you empty, and then we shall fill you with ourselves."
― George Orwell, 1984

Freedom Convoy Truckers -- Canadian Heroes!
Justin Trudeau --Enemy of the People!

binch

I just noticed that Dave L.  has that weekend set aside for the SGMT.     Best clear that up with him first...but he's on holiday until thrusday.   But if there's a moab trip going I think Dave, Matt and a couple of other are heading down for it as well as it's the 70th anniversary for LR and the Solihul society may have a good showing this year....I expect Dave hasn't notice the conflict with the SGMT himself yet ;).   

Don't quote me on this but I have a sneaking suspicion that the SGMT won't be happening until he's back from Moab.... ???
Cheers, Bill

Matt H

Yup, I'll be enruote back from Moab on that weekend.
No Road Except For Land-Rover.

alany

Would Sept 30 work better? JLR is willing to move it to that weekend if we have a lot going on already which it sounds like we do.

alany

The Wheels event is now locked down for Sept 30. Please let me know if you're able to assist. I'll be needing folks for both trials course marshals along with trail guides. Ideally 10 trucks minimum.

Thanks.

Trevor

Slot me in as a "maybe". It's pretty likely I won't have a vehicle for this event as my Disco will be unavailable and the Camel might have its cab in pieces undergoing repairs of the trail carnage from the AMT. If it doesn't go under the knife though through this event, I will come lend a hand with it.
"You will be hollow. We shall squeeze you empty, and then we shall fill you with ourselves."
― George Orwell, 1984

Freedom Convoy Truckers -- Canadian Heroes!
Justin Trudeau --Enemy of the People!

binch

Just got back from the far east....I should be able to come out and lend a hand.
Cheers, Bill

alany

Folks,

The JLR Edmonton Wheels event has been CANCELLED this year due to not enough sign-ups (only 16 this year).

Thanks to those that did volunteer.

Alan