Duratrack Wrangler GoodYeear Tires for sale: 265LT75R16

Started by B-Red, May 28, 2018, 04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

B-Red

I am upgrading my tires to the new BFGKo2 and have these five tires for sale. They are fitted for 2" lifted Discovery 2 at 31.5". The tires were checked for tread depth. They measure at 11/32 for four and 15/32 for the spare which is new. The Kal Tire said they usually recommend replacement at 3/32. So these tires have a fair way to go. The tires are studded as well. I used them over the summer. Little noisy but somewhat worn down. Great when doing rock crawling though.

I am looking for $650 dollars for all five without the rims. PM me if interested. Edmonton location.
Cheers,
Emad

Scott in Canmore

Hi, I'm new to rovers (inherited one) and I bought the same tires for my 1985 Defender 110.  The tire guy said they would not fit on my exiting rims.  Is the tire guy wrong? 

My rims are riveted and require tubes.

Red90

Quote from: Scott in Canmore on June 08, 2018, 11:48 AM
Hi, I'm new to rovers (inherited one) and I bought the same tires for my 1985 Defender 110.  The tire guy said they would not fit on my exiting rims.  Is the tire guy wrong? 

My rims are riveted and require tubes.

The stock rims are 5.5" wide.  The approved rim width for the 265/75R16 is 7" to 8".  They will work on a 5.5" rim, but a tire shop will usually not install outside of the approved rim sizes.  I run these exact tire on Wolf rims (6.5" wide).  You are probably best to stick with 235/85R16 if you want to keep the 5.5" rims.
https://www.goodyear.com/en-US/tires/wrangler-duratrac/sizes-specs

SpeedyJ

Hey Scott,

Besides being too narrow they might not like the tube type rims, that said, I was able to talk Kal-Tire into mounting tubeless tire on my  tubed rims (Series, circa 1961) without tubes. I've been running them this way for years without issue.
I have heard that some people have had issues with tubeless tires with tubes in them - the texture on the inside of some tires (i.e. BFG Mud Terrain) is prone to chaffing the inner tube under certain conditions. Your tube type rims may require a larger diameter valve that can be difficult to find, they'll also lack the ridge that helps the rim retain the tubeless bead.

B-Red

I run the military tubed tires on my 110. Got new tubes with long valve stems from Kal Tyre in Leduc. They deal heavily with farm machinery so they have access to them. Other locations were not sure.
I bought wolf rims also on the last slow boat from the UK. Planning to use them once the engine rebuild is done.

Scott in Canmore

Thanks for the direction guys.  Sorry for the long delay - life and all ;)

B-Red

Not yet. Pm if you want to see this Friday or Sunday.