stud welder dent puller kit?

Started by ugly_90, May 12, 2018, 11:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ugly_90

Looking to pull some dents out of blind areas in a bulkhead that I can't easily get behind to knock out. To save the step of metal replacement, i'd rather try straightening without drilling any holes. Does anyone have a stud welder dent pull kit, simmilar to  H&S Autoshot 4550 or equivalent? I can probably buy the welder on my next trip to the US for $100, but it would be rarely used here. Let me know if there's one out there to borrow.

camo388

I'm wondering if you could rent one?  Try the usual equipment rental shops or maybe someone like Arrow Welding or similar that sells welding supplies.  I know you can rent welding machines from Arrow but don't know what other welding equipment they would rent out.
Here is a stud welder dent puller on Kijiji.  https://www.kijiji.ca/v-tool-other/hamilton/stud-gun-dent-puller/1349923860?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

ugly_90

Perhaps I could rent one. Even CT has some specialized automotive tools for rent at some locations. It would be most effective, it seems, to buy the $99 US kit from Harbour Freight in the US. I'll be putting in an order next week, send me a PM if you'd like to share shipping on HF items. Check out their website, supply is a bit different than Princess Auto.

ugly_90

I ended up buying a new 120V stud welder kit from HF in the US. I have a supply of 2mm and 3mm studs for it as well. I'll give it a try on the blind dented areas of bulkhead, maybe eventually on the Toyotas too. Its only good for steel, I expect.

If anyone is looking, now you know who to ask.