who hot dipped their RRC with Daam?

Started by headdamage, February 16, 2018, 10:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

headdamage

Just noticed this pick on Daam's site when I was looking for a galvanizing company now that Industrial Galvanizing in Calgary is closed.

binch

That would have been mine  ;D

They did that for me a couple of years ago.    Sand blasting and galvanizing of a chassis for about $400.  I couldn't paint it for that......
Cheers, Bill

headdamage

Nice, did you do the inner steel body shell as well?

Red90

There was a guy in Cochrane doing a frame up rebuild.  He said that when he took his frame in, they told him they had done 6 Land Rover frames already that year.

binch

Quote from: Red90 on February 18, 2018, 08:00 AM
There was a guy in Cochrane doing a frame up rebuild.  He said that when he took his frame in, they told him they had done 6 Land Rover frames already that year.

that's not surprise.....Craig, Adam, myself, Bert are just a few I can think of.   It so inexpensive and it covers the inside of the frame too.  But it gains weight.   

The inner instructure of the body has been coated with raptor coating, inside and out, to the bottom of the windows of the pillars and bulk head.   That includes the inner fenders and sub grill panel.    I had the rear floor replaced as well as part of the drivers and front passenger floor.    Both inner wings were replaced as well.
Cheers, Bill