1996 Disco 1 for parts $600 obo

Started by Milan, February 12, 2018, 11:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milan

Hello,
My first post here, but I'm sure I know some people on here (for sure Red90).

I have a 1996 Disco for sale that has been my parts vehicle for another D1 that has just been crashed. So it looks like I will not be needing the parts vehicle anymore or I may even have two vehicles for parts.

The one available currently has been parked few years ago so it still ran. Then the battery went on it while i was away on long vacation and when I got back, not having the remote working I never got the immobilizer bypassed to get it started again. Since then it donated brake pads, right front blinker, idler pulley, water pump, fuel pump and high pressure power steering hose to the other vehicle as well as the blinker/headlights stalk. But the frame and drivetrain are solid and so should the rest of the engine be. The interior is also in very good condition. Heated leather seats were working, no rips/tears, though 1 lumbar support knob is gone and of course the switches do not work but the seats motors do. Ignition key was butchered. Has 2" OME lift which was great.

I also have bunch of other parts I can throw into the deal for little extra cash and some new parts that I would like to get money for.

Old parts include:
- beefed up rear arms
- spare rear stock axleshaft
- steel rim (from a spare)

New parts include:
- front door window mechanism (both sides)
- right blinker
- zinc plated diff protectors
- 4 15x7 steel beadlocks (32  bead bolts)
- front Detroit TrueTrac

Not sure about prices just yet but will give good deals when these go to a good home. I will adjust the listing and put prices on some or all of the items eventually and as I go through the stuff but right now I'm dealing with the crashed one, so please feel free to make me offers.

Thank you.

headdamage

Where are you located?

I'd be interested in the Truetrack and the disco steel wheel, maybe more.

Andrew

Milan

Milan

Vehicle sold. Beadlocks sold pending funds. Will post remaining parts separately a bit later once I sort things out.

Milan

Quote from: headdamage on February 12, 2018, 12:27 PM
Where are you located?

I'd be interested in the Truetrack and the disco steel wheel, maybe more.

Andrew
Hi Andrew,
I was waiting for a reply here and just only now noticed the pm. So...sorry for the late reply. I was dealing with the wreckage anyway, so I  have been busy. You can look at the true-track but not much to see. New trutrac. I have to locate in my garage first though so gimme few days. Busy with family stuff this weekend.
Also the phone number you left me in the PM seems to be wrong.

You can text me at 403-671-2911
Milan

bumpydormobile

Hello
I am interested in the Diff guards.  Can anyone shed light if they would fit a DII?

David

Red90

Sure. Disco 2s have the same diffs as Disco 1s.

bumpydormobile

Thanks John...
Milan, how much do you want for them?

David

Milan

Idunno....let's say $60 for both...

Milan

OK... still have:

• Front True trac (not sure if there is a deck height difference between 3.54 and taller and lower than 3.54 gears but do not think so) - used, with bearings and races - $400
  • Discovery 1 stock steel rim - $20
  • Discovery 1 stock alu rim w/ Goodyear 245-75R16 tire (about 50% tread) - $80
  • Front Window regulators, new (both left and right side) - $35 ea

More items coming. I may move the list to part forum.

bumpydormobile

I will take the Diff guards, can you take a picture of them for me please?
and send to: davidmenard2014@gmail.com
We can work out the details.

Thanks
David

Milan

Milan

binch

Are you sure they will fit on a disco 2?    The are listed as only fitting def, disco1 and RRC...... ???

https://bearmach.com/rover-type-differential-guard-ba-121
Cheers, Bill

Milan

I thought the housings were the same, just the open knuckles on the front and the unit bearings were different. One way to find out is to come here and test fit them on.