Projekt Grenadier

Started by binch, September 27, 2017, 10:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Red90

https://ineosgrenadier.com/the-vehicle?utm_source=&utm_medium=&utm_campaign=&utm_source=&utm_medium=&utm_campaign=

The Grenadier will be an uncompromising 4x4 that works for the world. It will be a no-frills utilitarian vehicle. A working tool for farmers, foresters, explorers and aid workers.

We plan to reveal the Grenadier next year.

We are well advanced in the development stage. Early prototypes are already being tested in the most demanding conditions.

The Grenadier is in development, and we're not yet ready to take the covers off. But we can give you some pointers on what to expect. A ladder chassis. Permanent four-wheel drive. Beam axles. Class-leading towing and payload capacity, with power and torque to match. Wrapped in a stripped back, boxy 4x4 body.

DURABILITY
The Grenadier will be a resilient and robust 4X4. Built using only the best component parts, by world-renowned engineers.

UTILITY
A working tool. More angles than curves. Function dictates form, every time.

CAPABILITY
To take on all terrains. A vehicle that can withstand the daily punishment you put it through.

Red90

Matt H

As most can probably tell I am really trying hard to like the New Defender for what it is (a Discovery).

But this Grenadier just sounds so good that it is impossible not to like it already and nobody has even seen it yet!
No Road Except For Land-Rover.

binch

I love the comment about filling that gap that's been left in the market......

Cheers, Bill

headdamage

This is what Land Rover should have been working on.

Red90

Apparently 8 speed auto only.  No manual.  A clear indication that they are heading down the complicated and expensive path.  Oh well, there had been hope.

Red90

https://ineosgrenadier.com/reveal/frame-axles

Box section ladder frame and live axles.  Axles from Carraro.

If the 3D models are real....  4 link front and rear. Front high mount steer.

Matt H

I'm on the fence with with what I prefer with auto vrs manual transmission, and auto only is not really a deal breaker for me.  But it would have been nice to have the choice.
No Road Except For Land-Rover.

binch

This is very interesting!!!! 8)
Cheers, Bill

Red90

https://ineosgrenadier.com/reveal/suspension

Nothing new revealed.  4 link with panhard front and rear. Hopefully they beef up the bottom links. No numbers on travel, but should be easy to modify. Sway bars look easy to disconnect.

DBrands

I'm no suspension/steering geometry expert, therefore my question: Any thoughts why they have the track rod mounted so low?
David B

1990 D90 - 200TDI

Red90

Clearance to things. It is a lot higher than on a Land Rover.

binch

If BS baffles brains then my eyes are brown  ;D     It's nice to see things progress along.   Am I wrong...or does this suspension not look robust.   Am I going to miss all the electrickery from a vehicle like this....?   Naaaaaaaaaa...... ::)
Cheers, Bill

DBrands

Quote from: Red90 on April 30, 2020, 02:10 PM
Clearance to things. It is a lot higher than on a Land Rover.
Well, we all know they didn't set the bar very high!  ;D
David B

1990 D90 - 200TDI

Red90

;D ;D

This is what we should be seeing (Kirk's truck).

You cannot view this attachment.