Sold....1980 Series 3 Dormobile

Started by kombi72, July 31, 2017, 01:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kombi72

It is with an extremely heavy heart that I find myself putting up my Higgins. I have owned Higgins for 7 years now and have had lots of enjoyable kms around BC, AB, MT, ID even up to AK. He is a 1980 Series 3 with a complete Dormobile set up. He is powered by a 1993 Discovery 200tdi, with a rebuilt Fairy Overdrive. He is also a RHD. Originally from the UK, the previous owner had put this epic truck together to explore around the Mediterranean. Since owning him I have had the turbo rebuilt, the radiator re-cored with a tri-core, a Tom Woods rear drive shaft installed, 6 defender wheels powder coated white (5 with BFGoodrich KO tires installed). Along with the front and rear engine seals, water pump, and timing belt and tensioner. He also comes with basically every spare part you could find for him, including a brand new vinyl top. I have installed a National Luna dual charge system.  Plus I have 2 disassembled transmissions and transfer cases. He will also come with an older engel fridge to keep those beers cold. Now with every Rover 30+ years old their are gonna be issues. I think the most prominent would be it burns oil, especially upon start up. My guess would be the valve stem seals. Any more questions feel free to contact me either via this post or send me a text at 519.802.0405. I am asking in the 22k cad range. It is located in Field BC and registered in Alberta.Brian

SpeedyJ

Do you have any interior pictures? What is the configuration, i.e. does it have a backseat?

Thx

Jeff

binch

That looks like Jason and Kelly's old Truck!!!!    Lovely to see it again  ;)
Cheers, Bill

Matt H

No Road Except For Land-Rover.

kombi72

Sorry for the delay. Yes it does have all the dormobile seats. 2 fronts, 2 back.  All fold down to make a solid sleeping area. Plus all dormobile cooking units and closet.
I will post interior pictures very soon.
Brian

kombi72

kombi72

kombi72

Price drop. 19,500
I also have a million pictures I can forward. Contact me at 5198020405 and I can forward different ones

kombi72

I'd also consider a trade of some sort.. let me know what you have.

kombi72

Last price drop before I put Higgins away for the winter.

Gardenome

This is so cool but I can only handle one rover at a time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kombi72

With the warmer weather plus an unforeseen personal reason, Higgins is looking for a new home with a reduced price. Looking for 13k can o.b.o

headdamage

That is very temping, buy it and swap it onto a 110 frame.

Matt H

Nah, just grease the leaf springs or run parabolics. Land Rover Leaf springs ride really nice when they are free of rust and move properly.
No Road Except For Land-Rover.

kombi72

Parabolics are already installed.