2017 Land Rover Wheels Event

Started by Kermit, July 30, 2017, 10:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

northerndefender

What was the hashtag thingy that Sean said we could use to find the pictures for the days event?

alany

#lre4x4

You'll find photos on Instagram and Facebook but there aren't a lot on there. Its mostly glamour shots of the new Discovery so not much exciting. One of the customers posted on her FB page a bunch of photos of her time at the Wheels event so that was nice. Sad they didn't put the new Disco on the trails.

Matt H

Quote from: alany on August 28, 2017, 06:10 PM
#lre4x4

Sad they didn't put the new Disco on the trails.

Huh?  :o  Off road ability (and the price tag) is the only significant thing that separates modern Land Rovers from the rest of the crossover minivans the other manufactures make. You might have thought they would be falling over themselves to show it off in the dirt?
No Road Except For Land-Rover.

binch

I thought I had some of the discos in the morning group, when we went out on the trails  :-\    Not sure...we had some evoques I'm sure of that....but that first group of 15 vehicles only had 2 fully size vehicles (RR's).  There rest were the smaller new LR's.    All did pretty good on the two big hills.    They followed the instructions of their drivers  ::)
Cheers, Bill

Red90

Quote from: binch on August 29, 2017, 11:31 AM
They followed the instructions of their drivers  ::)

Don't you just press the auto pilot button on the modern Land Rovers?

binch

Cheers, Bill

Matt H

Quote from: binch on August 29, 2017, 11:31 AM
I thought I had some of the discos in the morning group, when we went out on the trails  :-\    Not sure...we had some evoques I'm sure of that....but that first group of 15 vehicles only had 2 fully size vehicles (RR's).  There rest were the smaller new LR's.    All did pretty good on the two big hills.    They followed the instructions of their drivers  ::)

Are you suggesting it's hard to tell one new Land Rover from another? Lol
No Road Except For Land-Rover.

alany

The morning group was RRE and Disco Sports. There was a dealer RR though but the new Disco wasn't "allowed" on the trails. The little LR's did do well though on the trails but it was also pretty dry and not a lot of deep ruts.

And yes it's hard to tell one LR now from another, none the less spot them in traffic. Times have changed. I think the new Disco's rear end is hideous.

Trevor

Quote from: alany on August 30, 2017, 05:46 PM

And yes it's hard to tell one LR now from another, none the less spot them in traffic. Times have changed. I think the new Disco's rear end is hideous.

I've found since the re-styling of the RRS, they all look like absolute pieces of shite. About the only decent looking rig now is the RR. I agree on the rear profile too, for all of them, especially the Sports.

They are over priced Ford's, simple as that.
"You will be hollow. We shall squeeze you empty, and then we shall fill you with ourselves."
― George Orwell, 1984

Freedom Convoy Truckers -- Canadian Heroes!
Justin Trudeau --Enemy of the People!

B-Red

But the two door Evouque is CUTE. Has the perfect trunk space to hold the tools

Trevor

Quote from: B-Red on August 31, 2017, 08:17 AM
But the two door Evouque is CUTE. Has the perfect trunk space to hold the tools
"You will be hollow. We shall squeeze you empty, and then we shall fill you with ourselves."
― George Orwell, 1984

B-Red

Yep. Here is the YouTube Clip. I think they are in an Evouque too lol.

https://youtu.be/-AzFQw8HPaM

Trevor

― George Orwell, 1984

binch

Cheers, Bill