Rolls Royce collection viewing Feb 14, near Millet, Alberta

Started by binch, February 11, 2015, 01:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

binch

I’ve got some directions for you for the Rolls Royce collection tour this saturday (Feb 14).   I thought it was in Camrose but I was mistaken.   It located actually located about 35 minutes SSW of Edmonton.   45 minutes if you’re in a series truck Smile  and we want to meet there for 1:15pm please.

PLEASE CONFIRM (BY EMAIL PLEASE) IF YOU WILL BE ATTENDING, WITH HOW MANY?

If you’d like to see a google map of the route choices from both the west end of the city and the south side:

https://www.google.ca/maps/dir/53.4572615,-113.492915/53.1834205,-113.7321974/@53.3228579,-113.9230216,64851m/data=!3m2!1e3!4b1!4m2!4m1!3e0

From the West End of Edmonton
West on Hwy 16A to Hwy 60 (Devon Hwy) and head south.
South on Hwy 60, past Devon and past Hwy 39 and continue south on RR 263
After crossing Hwy 39 continue on for further 8km south to TwpRd 490 (aka Glen Park Rd).
Continue past TwpRd 490 (aka Glen Park Rd) south on RR 263 for 0.8km. 

Keep your eyes on the west side of the road and you will see the wind sock and hangers in the field.   (Gate # is 48532)  You will also see a Cessna 150 on a Pedestal as our other wind sock.

======================================================

From the Southside of Edmonton
South on Hwy 2 to TwpRd 490 (aka Glen Park Rd) and turn West.
West on TwpRd 490 (aka Glen Park Rd) for 8.8km to RR 263 and turn south.
Follow RR263 south for 0.8km.

Keep your eyes on the west side of the road and you will see the wind sock and hangers in the field.   (Gate # is 48532)  You will also see a Cessna 150 on a Pedestal as our other wind sock.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For those who are interested in a bit of social breakfast on the way out we will be meeting at 11:00am, saturday morning.  Here are the details:

Saratoga Restaurant
2610 Calgary Trail Southbound.
Edmonton.

(best to access via the west side service road off Calgary trail south at 31ave.)

If you will be joining us for breakfast could you please send me an email, indicating how many will be in your party, and I’ll see about sorting some tables/chairs for us? Winking smile

If run into trouble on Saturday morning send my cell a text message at 587 920-2133

See you there!

cheers, Bill
Cheers, Bill

Red90

Trevor

That was a lot of fun out there Bill, thanks for putting this together. Pretty amazing collection of cars that Howard has. I went in expecting it ot be fairly large...but not that large!

"You will be hollow. We shall squeeze you empty, and then we shall fill you with ourselves."
― George Orwell, 1984

Freedom Convoy Truckers -- Canadian Heroes!
Justin Trudeau --Enemy of the People!

binch

Good thing you decided to stay for those last two buildings he???? ;)

Holy cow was that something to see!!!   1926 up to mid 80's and all intake and running except one that is being rebuilt now.   It's a rolling chassis with a bulkhead only and gives a great view of the mechanics of the vehicle.   What's really amazing is how light they were for their size.   I think my RRC weighs more then a couple of them.    One 1937 model had a rear seat in it I would quite happily have used as a sofa in my living room, it looks so nicely made and comfortable.    One of the older models we were looking at allowed the engine to be tuned from the drivers seat.   And you didn't have to slam their doors closed......you just had to gently close it and it was a perfect fit, unlike my 110's doors :tappa     And you'd think they had a heavy duty suspension underneath it all, but that wasn't the case at all.   A very short spring and a shock that was a third the size of almost any N/A vehicle.

Trevor Bubba do you have any pics.....maybe you can post one or two :mm

Great way to spend a Saturday afternoon with the gang :cheesy
Cheers, Bill

Trevor

I've got quite a few pictures. I'll get some uploaded soon.
"You will be hollow. We shall squeeze you empty, and then we shall fill you with ourselves."
― George Orwell, 1984

Trevor

Here's some pictures from last Saturday. I have no idea what year/modle any of these are, its all a blur.

http://s608.photobucket.com/user/Soph_/slideshow/RR%20Tour

EDIT: Use ALRERR as the password folks

― George Orwell, 1984

Trevor

Oops, try ALRERR for the password if it is asking for that
― George Orwell, 1984

binch

Nice pics but they don't really do them justice compared to actually seeing them all.   And those last two buildings...they were the best for me.   Left me in awh! ;D
Cheers, Bill

Trevor

Yes, I agree Bill. There's quite a few buildings I took no pictures at all, so you really don't get a good feeling for how many there were. The last couple garages were the highlight for me as well.
― George Orwell, 1984