body panels left wing and left rear side panel

Started by billpatterson, February 28, 2017, 08:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

billpatterson

Hi
I am new to the forum so please be gentle. I have a '80 Santana 110 and I beginning to collect a few pieces. I am looking for a left wing and the left rear body panel. The left wing is cracked and repaired with bondo (!!) and the left rear panel has been oil canned against the chassis which has cut through. I have attached pictures. Any comments and advice regarding used panels are appreciated.

Cheers,
Bill
Bill Patterson

binch

Hello Bill and welcome to the forum!

Your Santana is only the third I've ever seen so it's a bit of a learning curve for myself.   I see some parts that appear to be series 111 land rover and others that maybe 90/110 also.    If those panels are the same as either of series or defs you should be able to get new panels at very reasonable prices.

But this is a great place for answers, as you will find out  ;)

If you are up for it...the ALRE Edmonton group has a gathering on Wednesday evening at the Sideliner pub anytime after 6pm and on until 930pm or so.  Details are listed under the events section I think ;-)
Cheers, Bill

billpatterson

Hi Bill,
Thanks for the info! That is what I am learning; many cross over pieces; and not anymore difficult to find parts.

I am sure the forum is invaluable. I participated on the 2002FAQ forum during my complete resto of Anna (a '71 2002). I am looking forward to it. The Santana will be a much different project with a focus on mechanical, safety, and (relative) comfort. Not too concerned about looks.

Thanks for the invite. I do intend to attend however winter Wednesdays are a hockey night. The season goes to late March/early April. I will touch base with Colin (surname?) since he lives just down the block.

Cheers,
Bill
Bill Patterson

binch

Another source for series parts is Ivor Wilde down in Sundre  ;)

Is that 3.0 by chance?
Cheers, Bill

northerndefender

Hi Bill

Good to see you made you way here.  First Wednesday of the month we have a get together and it would be great to have you come along.

Let me know if I can help as I am just up the road.

Cheers

Colin

billpatterson

Quote from: binch on March 02, 2017, 12:44 AM

Is that 3.0 by chance?

Thanks Bill, How does one get a hold of Mr. Ivor Wilde?

-Bill
Bill Patterson

billpatterson

Quote from: northerndefender on March 02, 2017, 11:23 AM
Hi Bill

Good to see you made you way here.  First Wednesday of the month we have a get together and it would be great to have you come along.

Let me know if I can help as I am just up the road.

Cheers
Colin

Hi Colin - Thanks for the offers. I certainly will take you up on the offers.

-Bill
Bill Patterson

binch

Quote from: billpatterson on March 05, 2017, 02:53 PM
Quote from: binch on March 02, 2017, 12:44 AM
Is that 3.0 by chance?
Thanks Bill, How does one get a hold of Mr. Ivor Wilde?
-Bill

"one" looks in the Sundre phone directory  ;D    Not sure which number is his but there are only two names there......If the voice answering the phone has a a thick northern English accent then you have the right number :-)
Cheers, Bill