Evoke survives 40' plunge!

Started by Matt H, April 18, 2015, 01:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt H

Think what you may about the new LR products, this video would seem to prove they are structurally tougher than they have ever been. This Russian Evoke slid off an overpass and fell 40' to the road below. CCTV footage shows the incident and although the car is totally ruined the cabin remains intact, both doors still open and the two passengers walk away! Impressive.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=d80MP1FqmZg#
No Road Except For Land-Rover.

binch

Did you see the little lada just before the Evoque?    Wet, heavy, pig snot snow on the roads and they are still driving like idiots.    Pilot error me thinks.
Cheers, Bill

Trevor

...and he walks away. Bloody amazing, and one heckuva ride!

It's gotta be that Posh Spice styling that makes it so durable. All the extra pink stuff in the interior toughens it up!
"You will be hollow. We shall squeeze you empty, and then we shall fill you with ourselves."
― George Orwell, 1984

Freedom Convoy Truckers -- Canadian Heroes!
Justin Trudeau --Enemy of the People!

Matt H

I dunno? All I know is I'm in no hurry to repeat that stunt in a Series Land Rover. They hit the ground hard.

Trevor

Yeah, I am still amazed that he walked away from that like he did. That impact was nasty. It's a really impressive look at how strong they are building their vehicles these days.
"You will be hollow. We shall squeeze you empty, and then we shall fill you with ourselves."
― George Orwell, 1984

Freedom Convoy Truckers -- Canadian Heroes!
Justin Trudeau --Enemy of the People!

binch

Here's a little clip from a UK murder mystery series that Susan and I used to watch called "Rosermary and Thyme"    It's a bit of a long clip but the fun part is between 4:50 to the end.      Japanese tin vs British steel.   Mind you...there is a brief glimpse of my RRC taking out another car  in there I'm sure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61HLNQglJjE
Cheers, Bill

Matt H

The Mighty Range Rover! It's even the right colour.

They were a bit hard on that poor gearbox. She was right though. After that model they started putting in girly things like comfortable seats and power steering.