Edmonton Monthly Gathering

Started by binch, February 13, 2015, 11:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

bumpydormobile

Hey Gang
The YESS is in desperate need for towels at the shelter. I have bought some and hope that
everyone coming to the meeting on Wednesday can bring some as well. I will deliver them on Thursday after work.  Help a great cause.  Let's fill the Disco.  I'm sure they would be happy to take any food donations you want to make as well. ;)

Thanks
David

binch

WE'VE  MOVED  AGAIN.......to our new haunt ;)

The Edmonton gang has moved one more (and hopefully last time) to....

Rosario's Pub:
11715C - 108 Ave, NW, Edmonton,
http://rosariospub.ca/
Phone: (780) 447-4727

https://www.google.com/maps/@53.5534932,-113.5243068,3a,60y,193.36h,88.41t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1soKDR3f9swP9udS1XKNZNdA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

This is a good local community pub that welcomes families.   Food is good, prices are reasonable and they have lots of space to accommodate us on the first Wednesday of each month ;D

I look forward to seeing your smiling faces there (or at least talking about you while you're not...) ::)

cheers, Bill

Cheers, Bill

rutmaster

Hopefully this is the last move, if not maybe we should consider approaching one of the Legions (there was some discussion about this at the ABFM)

binch

DUE TO THE CORONA VIRUS - EDMONTON AREA GATHERINGS ARE CANCELLED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.

We will play it by ear as to when we can get together again.   In the meantime....I invite everyone to have fun on our forum  ;)

cheers, the ALRE EXECUTIVE
Cheers, Bill

B-Red

Good day fellows. I will be emailing the ALRE list a virtual link for a video conference meeting this Wednesday. Figured we can always catch up in virtual space if we can't meet in person.
Private message me with your email if you are not on the ALRE email list.
Cheers. Emad

binch

Well folks, I popped in to the video "Gathering" this evening and I have to say it was pretty good!   I could hear everyone and I could see everyone....but I don't have a camera and I don't have a mic.  LOL.    But there was a chat window in the lower corner that I was able to dialogue with the 4 other people that made it out there.   Emad, Christian, Mike and John O.    Only thing missing was my plate of pasta and a mug of something cold.

It was pretty good too, being able to listen to different conversations as well.   Now it wasn't the same as having the whole gang there...but it was a good runner up, and I'm hoping we can see more folk out at the next one. 

I popped in the Calgary and Med Hat Video confernces too...but sadly I didn't see anyone there.

Stay safe out there kids...... ;)
Cheers, Bill

Red90

What was the purpose of separate conferences? I assumed there was just one.

B-Red

I created the three rooms in case we had a large number. Each room can comfortably support 25 persons. However, spreading 25 over three rooms gives participants more chance and time to talk.
The google hangout platform is free with no time limit.
Zoom is free up to 40 minute time. After that they charge.
Cheers. Emad

binch

Maybe we should just try one room to start and see how that pans out.   It would be nice to see folks from all over our club in one room.   If it does start to get busy maybe we can open a second room there ;)

One good thing about this 'meeting room' set up.    It will prepare me for serious offroading in a new defender.   I'll stay at home and drive the vehicle from my phone all the while participating in an online gathering, from the comfort of my lazy-Boy.    I won't have to get dirty at all then!    LOL
Cheers, Bill

Red90

Bill will need to buy speakers and a mic before next month.

binch

I can hear just fine.   And I'm working on the camera so maybe consider it a blessing that I haven't got a mic hahahahhahahahhahha ;D
Cheers, Bill

Jay1968

are you doing the virtual gathering again for May?

Jason
do not give them names!!!!!   JeepJeep, Green1, Sasquatch Dave, Redline, CrazyMotorMork&Mindy, Lude, GeepeeZed, Bug, Donair, and Partsei

B-Red

Good day fellows. I will be sending the ZOOM conference invite today to the club email list. If you don't receive club email, pM me here and I will give you the link.
I avoid posting links on public forums due to few intruders incidents with other meetings.

ZOOM is a good tool, Hick, our Parliament is using it to run the country. Look how that is working out ;-)

Cheers
Emad

Jay1968

darn it, I missed this due to a last minute commitment was looking forward to meeting members of the club.  Hopefully June can be a live event.
Cheers
Jason
do not give them names!!!!!   JeepJeep, Green1, Sasquatch Dave, Redline, CrazyMotorMork&Mindy, Lude, GeepeeZed, Bug, Donair, and Partsei

bumpydormobile

Just in case anyone missed this in the events page...

Hey Gang
We are going to have a go at a Meeting on Aug 5th. 7pm
It will take place at the Lansdowne Community league.4915-124st  Ideally it will all be outside with safe distancing.  We will order pizza for the group and some rabbit food.  The food will be served by specific individuals wearing proper ppe.
Please RSVP to me at: davidmenard2014@gmail.com if you are coming out so we know how much food and soft drinks to order.
Attendees will be required to bring and wear a mask while dishing up inside the hall.
Hope to see you out.

David