Edmonton Monthly Gathering

Started by binch, February 13, 2015, 11:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

binch

We had a very good turn out this evening and the weather was spot on too!    And bonus.....no mozzies!!!!!!

Great to see so many faces again ;D
Cheers, Bill

binch

October 7th Gathering . 7pm

It will take place at the Lansdowne Community league.  4915-124st 

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Lansdowne+Community+League/@53.4855872,-113.5405266,15.96z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x53a01f6fee5f6535:0x5b0b8ef3c684655f!8m2!3d53.4869077!4d-113.5454607

Ideally it will all be outside with safe distancing.  We will order pizza for the group and some rabbit food.  The food will be served by specific individuals wearing proper ppe.

Please PM "Bumpydormobile" if you are coming out so we know how much food and soft drinks to order.
Attendees will be required to bring and wear a mask while dishing up inside the hall.

see you there ;D
Cheers, Bill

binch

Well folks,  Looks like we can start to have our gatherings again.....Whose up for starting things up and having our first gathering for 2021?

I'll check with Rosie's Pub and see that I can reserve some space for Wednesday, July 7th from 6 to 9pm.

I look forward to seeing your smiling faces and hearing what you've been up to  ;D
cheers, Bill
Cheers, Bill

Red90

NEW LOCATION:
Rosie's Bar and Grill  (NOT Rosario's)
6258 99 St, Edmonton T6E6C9

Basically it's on the SW corner of Argyll and 99st.

lropchan

The Sherwood Park Radio Club has offered to come out to the September 1, 2021 Edmonton club meeting at Rosies to check radio setups and help find problems, tune antennas, etc. They will be there from about 1800-2000.

binch

Excellent!!!    Great way to get the CB checked and tuned to the antenna ;)
Cheers, Bill

binch

October 6th Gathering in Edmonton Area

Hi Gang,

I have been getting questions regarding the Oct Gathering in the Edmonton area......   The short of it is we will be going ahead with the Gathering at:

Rosie's Bar and Grill  (NOT Rosario's)
6258 99 St, Edmonton T6E6C9
(it's basically on the SW corner of Argyll and 99st.

We will likely be sitting upstairs, in the private function room again.

PLEASE NOTE:   As per current regulations folks coming out to Rosie's for the gathering MUST have proof of vaccination (with the second dose being more then 14 days previous) or a recent Negative (clear) covid test.

I look forward to seeing your smiling (but masked) faces out there  ;-)

cheers, Bill

Cheers, Bill

binch

Greetings all,

Sorry for the late notice folks but Rosie's Bar and Grill is no more so we are having to move again.

We are now holding the Edmonton Area Gatherings at "ROUTE 99" diner

Route 99 Diner
8820 99th Street. NW
Edmonton, Alberta
Canada, T6E 3V2
(780) 432-0968
We will meet between 6pm and 9pm (which is when they close) and they will do their best to sit us close together.   Just let them know you're with the "land rover club"

Cheers, Bill
Cheers, Bill

binch

Hi Gang!  We're going Nomad..... ;)

Looks like we still haven't found a new home for our monthly 'Gathering' for the edmonton area, so let's go nomadic for the time being until we find a new home for our 'Gathering'.     For the upcoming 'Gathering' on Monday, Dec 1, 2021 I'd like to suggest the:

Golden Bird Restaurant
10542 97 St NW,
Edmonton, AB
T5H 2L2

(great vietnamese food, with parking in front, on 97 street, or in the back.)

It sounds like their are a lot of projects going on right now and I'm looking forward to hearing about them.   At our last gathering at the old Rosies there was talk of an ALRE Club xmas dinner.   We'll have to nail that down so we can plot our demise Winking smile

So.....who's going to join me at the Bird on wednesday then?????  The food is great and if you have room left you can try their avocado milkshake (don't knock it 'til you try it)

cheers, Bill
Cheers, Bill

binch

It's that time again....

Now that you all have you tans back from that warm spell it looks like a couple days of normal winter and then back into warm weather again.....

But we're coming up to the first wednesday of the month and it's time for our gathering again.

And it will be at the Golden Bird again, on Wednesday March 02, 2022.  6pm  to 9pm

Golden Bird Restaurant
10542 97 St NW,
Edmonton, AB
T5H 2L2

Lots of parking on the road out front on 97 street, or in the back.)

I'd like to hear from folks, to find out what you've all been up to.   So.....who's going to join me?  Let me know so I can give them a 'heads up' and book some space.

cheers, Bill
Cheers, Bill

binch

We had a great turn out tonite!!!    About 14 people in all give or take.   But we had a good chat about all things land rover.    MF has offered to host the trip planning meeting out at her place (details TBA).   So start thinking of trips, events, activities, etc that our members and their families can get involved with.

cheers, Bill
Cheers, Bill

binch

So...who's coming out for the gathering on Wednesday????   Besides me  ;D
Cheers, Bill

Gardenome

I'm thinking about it for sure. Here's hoping I don't forget, get distracted, have a child emergency or some other event to prevent me from coming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alex C

its an oilers home playoff game, so parking at the Golden Bird may be a problem
D90 200Tdi     67 S2a 88"

binch

Never had trouble with parking there before, during their games ;)
Cheers, Bill