what show have you seen.....

Started by binch, April 15, 2016, 12:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

binch

With all the cameos we've seen of land rover in movies I thought this might just make a fun thread in here.....   So tell us....what movie have you seen a land rover in?

How about I start....?     

One of my favourites...The Gods Must Be Crazy (1 and 2).   That's an obvious one but truly a classic!

And a much less well known one is the Bronzed Green Series 1 they try to mask with a pine tree somewhat in the movie 633 Squadron (aka Mosquito Squadron).    If you're curious you see it in the movie right after one of the Mosquitos crashed into a hill side in Scotland, while training for the big mission in WW11.

There's two to start ;)

Cheers, Bill

Rambler

A great idea!

If you have watched the Coroner (bbc daytime drama) you will see the beautiful Claire Goose driving an equally exquisite Series 3 88" with tilt, sometimes with the top down, around Devon!

An oldie.  If you watch James Bond you only live twice, just after he is shot in bed, the HK police turn up in a classic white 107 S1 station wagon... Very cool.    8)
And later in the fake volcano/launch pad a red Series 1 fire engine trundles around as the capsule arrives!
1957 Series One 88", petrol

SOLD:
'Luna' - Series 2 88", petrol with full tilt, ('61) [Restoration complete in 2020]
'Tardis' - Series 3 88", petrol hard top ('74) .. last seen sunning itself in the Carolinas

Matt H

These days just about every bad guy choice of transport is a black Range Rover or RRS but to fly the Range Rover flag in a more positive light I submit "The Kingdom" staring Jamie Foxx. In this movie a Range Rover classic is used to chase down some bad guys.  Eventually, after heroically withstanding a gazillion rounds of small arms fire and saving the life of the main character, it gets destroyed by an RPG.
No Road Except For Land-Rover.

Rambler

Quote from: Matt H on April 15, 2016, 12:51 PM
These days just about every bad guy choice of transport is a black Range Rover or RRS but to fly the Range Rover flag in a more positive light I submit "The Kingdom" staring Jamie Foxx. In this movie a Range Rover classic is used to chase down some bad guys.  Eventually, after heroically withstanding a gazillion rounds of small arms fire and saving the life of the main character, it gets destroyed by an RPG.

Thanks Matt, I will have to watch this..
1957 Series One 88", petrol

SOLD:
'Luna' - Series 2 88", petrol with full tilt, ('61) [Restoration complete in 2020]
'Tardis' - Series 3 88", petrol hard top ('74) .. last seen sunning itself in the Carolinas

binch

Rosemary and Thyme have a series 111 88" as a main feature....There a chase seen in one of the episodes that has a classic line in it!

Skip ahead to the 2 minute mark and you'll see it come by

Cheers, Bill