Alexander MacKenzie Trail (mid/late August) - CANCELLED

Started by binch, February 07, 2016, 03:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tacomaj

Trevor

It's slated for Aug 20 -- 28th, but that's still dependant upon more people signing up. We're a bit thin on numbers currently.
"You will be hollow. We shall squeeze you empty, and then we shall fill you with ourselves."
― George Orwell, 1984

Freedom Convoy Truckers -- Canadian Heroes!
Justin Trudeau --Enemy of the People!

tacomaj

Oh nice, depending on which way you guys are going and the way we end up going, might over lap you fellas. Our small group is going aug 26-sept 4

binch

I see the "make work" projects have been started already by the local residents.      Can't burn much more on the eastern portion but there's a good bit of Pine beetle kill that's going to bring up the fuel levels.    August is still a long way away...... ;)
Cheers, Bill

Trevor

That's an early start to the fire season. Not a good sign, although not too surprising with the big El'nino winter we had. That usually results in AB and BC burning the following spring/summer, much like last year.

The burn areas are some of trickier to navigate due to the amount of crap on/around the trail. Lots of tire-popping opportunities if you're not careful.
"You will be hollow. We shall squeeze you empty, and then we shall fill you with ourselves."
― George Orwell, 1984

binch

but fortunately for us we didn't have to cut any of the charred stuff!!!!    Stayes clean going through there  ;D
Cheers, Bill

tacomaj

binch

I always smile thinking about that trail.   Great evenings by the fire followed by a good nites sleep ;)
Cheers, Bill

tacomaj

Been a wet summer in bc so far, should be interesting.

binch

Sorry to say..... I'm going to have to cancel this trip due to lack of interest  :'(
Cheers, Bill

Matt H

That's too bad. It would have been a great trip. I wanted to go but couldn't swing another week in August.
No Road Except For Land-Rover.

binch

Cheers, Bill

Trevor

Quote from: binch on July 14, 2016, 02:25 AM
Not to worry...I'm sure we'll go back again 8)

I concur. I definitely want to run this trail again. I would do it the other direction the next time and run west --> east, getting the potentially crappy bit out of the way first. That would give an entirely new (and better) flavour to the trail.

Next year perhaps, if there's enough interest. 5 vehicles was a really good number...pretty easy to keep together, and also enough bodies to help divide the labour load.
― George Orwell, 1984