Recommendation for Events posting

Started by Trevor, March 01, 2015, 11:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevor

John just made a comment in another thread that got me thinking. Not many people are viewing this board yet, and prior to this being setup we typically had both email and the previous web forum where events would get discussed.

Now that we have a dedicated events page it would be REALLY helpful if folks posts their events here in detail, and then simply send out a link to it in the ALRE email list rather than replacing the entire commentary via email. That will get folks pointed here for events (which is where they should be looking) and lessen the likelihood of multiple discsussions happening in email and the forums.

The ALRE list is great as a notification tool, but email threads aren't the greatest for tracking discussions as they progress. And they also turn into spam for those that are not interested in the thread.
"You will be hollow. We shall squeeze you empty, and then we shall fill you with ourselves."
― George Orwell, 1984

Freedom Convoy Truckers -- Canadian Heroes!
Justin Trudeau --Enemy of the People!

Red90

That sure makes sense to me.  You can also add registration to the events here, to keep track of how many want to attend, without having to fill the thread with posts of who wants to go.

I would also suggest the event organizer updates the original post with new information so that people don't have to read through a long thread to get all the needed information.