2003 discovery KEY

Started by stretch1940, March 08, 2024, 10:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stretch1940

Bought a 2003 disco, everything worked, the radio the clock was dark and clear. I have a heated windshield installed. The key fob won't lock or unlock the door , the radio stop working and the clock is barely readable, I unpluged the heated windshield, that didn't change anything.
Thanks

stretch1940

stretch1940

Can anyone tell me how the key connects to the car, is there something in or near the windshield. Something that would be disturbed when a windshield is installed.
Thanks

binch

I gotta ask the stupid questions.....  Does the fob activate ANY of the door locks?  If 'no' check the fob battery.   If the battery is good (new) and non of the door locks are activated.   Maybe the fob is the problem.

Does the key itself unluck the driver's door without setting the alarm off?  If 'no' check the fob battery.  If yes maybe the lock actuators are bad.

FYI.  Beyond that......you may need to get it checked.    I a 2001 disco with heated windscreen and it works fine with or without heated windscreen.   I have a 2003 disco without a heated windscreen and no issues there, but the drive's door has to be unlock with the key as the lock actuator only lucks.   I've gone through 3 lock actuators between the two vehicles.
Cheers, Bill

stretch1940

Thanks Bill
  Everything related to the key worked before the installation of the windshield. After the installation the key, radio and the clock stopped working. I have two key fobs, I tried both, they didn't work, I put in new batteries, that didn't work. I'm taking the disco back to the windshield shop, he says he can trace the wires and find the problem.
  I will let you know.