ISO suffix D or later transmission

Started by Troy, August 25, 2022, 10:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Troy

Looking for a suffix D or newer 2A transmission or a later suffix 3 transmission. One needing a rebuild is ok . Thanks Troy.   troyclayton@shaw.ca

bumpydormobile

Troy
I have a suffix E gear box, from a six cylinder '67 NADA. Not sure if it will work for your needs

David You cannot view this attachment.   You cannot view this attachment.

TimberPig

Quote from: bumpydormobile on August 29, 2022, 05:20 AM
Troy
I have a suffix E gear box, from a six cylinder '67 NADA. Not sure if it will work for your needs

David You cannot view this attachment.   You cannot view this attachment.

The bellhousing bolt pattern for the 2.6 NADA 6 and the 2.25 are different.  Would require a bellhousing swap in order for it to work (unless it has already been done, not sure if this came right off the 2.6 or not).

bumpydormobile

When I got the truck it had a 6 cyl Chev with the Scotty adapter. 

Troy

Sorry for the late reply , I would be interested in the transmission possibly , tried to pm you but cannot seem to be able to , can you please contact me troyclayton@shaw.ca or 250-608-2709 thanks . Troy

TimberPig

Quote from: bumpydormobile on September 01, 2022, 04:07 PM
When I got the truck it had a 6 cyl Chev with the Scotty adapter.

Depending on the version of the adapter, it could still be using the 2.6 bellhousing or could be a 4 cylinder.  Like all things when it comes to Series Land Rovers, so much can be swapped that what it is, is not always what it should have been from the factory.

bumpydormobile