S2a Door bottoms

Started by Already a Rover, August 19, 2022, 12:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Already a Rover

Hi - As above.  Or is this something I will have to buy new?

dijansmith

Ok a couple of things, second row, front row, many and how good of a shape?

camo388

I have some doors here in Drayton Valley but don't know if they are 2, 2A, or 3.  Is there really any difference and will they all fit each other body?  I know a Defender window will fit a Series 2A door.  So that being said, can I assume all Series and Defenders doors fit each other.

Red90

Quote from: camo388 on August 19, 2022, 10:15 PM
Is there really any difference and will they all fit each other body?

The difference is in the style of catch.  There are three different styles, 2/2A, 3 and Defender. And, some Series don't have lock holes.

Series 2/2A
You cannot view this attachment.

Series 3 and ex-MOD Defender

Defender

Already a Rover

Hi, and thanks Red.  I don't know what you mean by a "catch" though - where the retainer rod (?) goes into the door?

First of all, both doors for a 2-door S2a.  Mine are corroded and bubbling-through at the bottom, especially the driver's side, so I'm willing to have a go, or at least a look at something used (you never know). 

I have the inside-bottom repair panels, but no skins, and I think a new door will only be about $200.  It depends on what's available and what my body man thinks, but he is - well - loopy from too many fumes, so if anyone can recommend a Bodyman in Calgary, I'd be interested, as I might not just do the doors.  I posted it for sale, but the consensus is I should "finish" it off to get top-dollar, and am in no hurry.

Ivor and Malcolm are of-course good candidates, I have their numbers.

Jim

Red90

If you are still planning to sell this for big money I would buy a pair of new galvanized doors.

https://www.sp-4x4.com/Galvanised_front_door_tops_for_Land_Rover_s/119.htm