Kayaking 2022

Started by B-Red, April 26, 2022, 01:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

B-Red

Good day everybody

There will be a Kayaking outing on May 7,2022 at 10 am for couple of hours. We will meet at Kinsmen RV park by the Sturgeon River in St Albert. The plan is to paddle upstream towards St Albert Healing Gardens and then ride with the stream down towards Big Lake.
So bring your Kayak and your PFD and join us on this event.

I am planning on holding few Kayaking events over the next few months. So let me know if you plan on coming out.

PS: all non motorized water crafts are welcome.

See you then.
Cheers, Emad

Pioneer54

I'll join you on the next one Emad.  I'll be in my canoe (HMCS Bonaventure) :D

I like to take the Sturgeon from RR240 to Gibbons (3hrs) or Gibbons to the NSask river (3hrs). Its an easy float as long as water levels are not really low.

Joe

B-Red

Quote from: Pioneer54 on May 17, 2022, 11:54 AM
I'll join you on the next one Emad.  I'll be in my canoe (HMCS Bonaventure) :D

I like to take the Sturgeon from RR240 to Gibbons (3hrs) or Gibbons to the NSask river (3hrs). Its an easy float as long as water levels are not really low.

Joe

Great Joe. Will let you know next time we are going. It's getting warmer now so hopefully in June.
Cheers

BurbleBeast

Hi Emad,

Any thoughts on when/where the next outing will be? I talked myself into getting a kayak two weeks back and would love to take it for a paddle some time.

B-Red

I am considering outing for the first weekend in August. Am away month of July.
I am based out of Edmonton. Would like to see show of hands as to who is coming and which area are they coming from. Then we can plan the spot.

If Edmonton is chosen, Weir Lake in Stoneyplain would be the target.

Look forward for the input.
Emad

bumpydormobile

Hi Emad
I don't see a Weir lake... can you send a link
I am interested in the outing

BurbleBeast

Thanks Emad, I will keep that weekend free!

JohnnyO

Darn, Aug 6/7 is out for me. I would be keen for another time tho. I'd be coming from Calgary. I have an extra canoe and multiple kayaks if anyone without a boat is interested in giving it a try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BurbleBeast

Hi Emad,

Any updates? Looks like the weather should be good this weekend  :)

Thanks,
Johnathan