A good landy off road driving video

Started by binch, October 18, 2021, 10:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

binch

I  came across a video that does a good job of explaining many of the basics for operating a land rover.   Much of it is old news for old hats but if you are new to the land rover world (or off road in other vehicles) then this is a good starting point.   But it's clearly directed to the landies with the high/low ranges and open diffs for the most part.

https://youtu.be/FcTTPV9JmIE

enjoy  ;)
Cheers, Bill

B-Red

Good video Bill. Good to see the difference between the Series truck and Defenders.

Did you ever come across the new Defender drive train and gear selections? Curious to see if the Bronco is on the same page.

In the new Bronco, I have 4L, 4H and 4A. 4A is all wheel to drive on pavement for winter and slippery conditions. 4H is for sand and mud where wheels get little forgiveness while they spin and slip. 4L is off-roading in sand and mud. The gears are 1-6 plus Reverse and Crawl. Crawl gear gets 1km/HR for each 1000 RPM

binch

Quote from: B-Red on October 20, 2021, 12:39 PM
Did you ever come across the new Defender drive train and gear selections? Curious to see if the Bronco is on the same page.

No I haven't.   That said I have very little interest in the new defender so I can't see wasting my time on it.
Cheers, Bill