Cloverdale: Direct to Metal Top Coat? - Gloss Black

Started by ugly_90, September 27, 2021, 11:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ugly_90

I've had great success with DOM-16 when applied by brush or sponge-brush. Much cheaper than the POR-15, as discussed previously.

I've been using it extensively for coating blasted underhood/chassis brackets, particularly the ones that won't be exposed to chipping, as they would be around a wheel/wheelarch.

I was "painted into a corner" by POR's Top Coat in spraycans, direct to metal and UV safe. Works as a topcoat over the brushed POR/DOM product too. But at $42 a can, I could only afford one.

Sometimes on a larger piece, or a complex shape, the sprayed paint is needed over the brushed.

At work, we use both two-part Endura, and also Cloverdale Industrial Paint's equivalent of the same on oilfield equipment.

I visted Cloverdale, and bought two spraybombs of Cloverdale Industrial 74903 paint (749 series), also a direct to metal urethane, as the POR is. The two Cloverdale rattle cans ran me $45, usually they only do minimum orders of 6 cans, maybe at a better unit price too. I was lucky they had another matching order in at the time

Is there a "better", or more cost-effective (Cloverdale) paint that I should be using for this role with matching or better properties than the POR?