(SOLD) Disco's for Sale

Started by willco, July 23, 2021, 07:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

willco

I have a 1997 Disco for sale, decent shape I only purchased a couple of months ago and since had health issues, so I have to sell. It is registered in AB and has a Mechanical Inspection report from Malcolm E. I also have a Project Disco similar year which has a galvanized frame & lift  kit also new inner sill supports, is a roller and has engine. Would like $4000 for both vehicles, one is in Sherwood Park the other is in Josephburg. I am out of the province presently but I can arrange viewing for anyone interested, I maybe be able to get my daughter to take pics. You can email me @ willcojj@gmail.com......Thanks for your interest.

Ron T

Hi,  I need to repair (costly) or replace my 97 Disco before winter,  I'm interested.  I'll check on the list and see if I can pay someone to look it over and see about getting whatever inspections are required to put it on the road, I'm pretty sure the NWT will accept an Alberta safety certification.
Ron Thompson, Yellowknife, NT, 867 920 7515

binch

Ron, Contact Malcalm Engleman and ask for details about the disco.   He's in the Onoway, Alberta phone directory ;-)
Cheers, Bill

Ron T

Thanks, will look him up.

bumpydormobile

Hey Bill
You interested in going for a drive with me to have a look at the one in Sherwood park? for Ron
It would be next week sometime.

Ron T

I'd sure appreciate that, willing to pay expenses.  I haven't figured out how to do e-mail transfers - fortunately my wife knows how :-)  I'm also looking for shop space here in Yellowknife, maybe elsewhere, as I'd like to complete the project vehicle if I retire with enough money to do it.

binch

Quote from: bumpydormobile on July 30, 2021, 05:40 AM
Hey Bill
You interested in going for a drive with me to have a look at the one in Sherwood park? for Ron
It would be next week sometime.

Sure, I'd be willing to go ;)

Ron, Have you spoken with Malcolm yet????   What did he say...? ::)
Cheers, Bill

Ron T

Hi, yes I did speak to him, on a wide range of topics for almost two hours :-)  He remembers the two vehicles and doing the safety on the off-white one.  That was a couple of months back.  He took my phone number and I was hoping to hear back from him.

bumpydormobile

Ron
Let us know if we should plan the visual trip. 

Ron T

This morning I'm planning on calling TRS in Calgary to see if they still have their Disco 1 and what they're asking for it if they do.  The par posted here is of interest, although I'm not sure if I can take the second one as to do that I'd have to put it at the hangar.  As I'd like to retire its not a good idea for me to be indebted to the boss (him storing the vehicle for me).

binch

You can always donated the second one to Malcalm  ;)
Cheers, Bill

Ron T

That's a thought :-)  As much as I'd like a project vehicle I'm not retired yet and it would site around indefinitely.

binch

Sounds like you are coming to the realization that replacing your old disco one with a running unit in much better condition is going to be the sensible way to go in the long run. ;D
Cheers, Bill

Ron T

That always was the goal, the offer of the 97 Disco was a two for one deal.  Included is a relatively low mileage recently inspected and likely roadworthy 97 Disco along with the project vehicle that has the galvanized frame but missing a hood and transmission.  The project vehicle has other wish list features, but I do not have my own space for it.