A hello from Saskatchewan

Started by Qwerty, April 19, 2021, 11:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Qwerty

Just thought id post a quick hello and intro from remote Regina.

I am very lucky to still possess member Ramblers (ian) 1961 s2 88, due to everything life throws getting in the way, i have only done some visual additions that tbh were not important and sourcing more important critical parts to actual enjoy driving it...expensive and a degree of procrastination in there too.

I have the joys of switching the steering box due to excessive play, even by series standards; my previous pride and joy was an s3 which i regrettibly hadnto sell to enable my emigration to Canada possible, clonking chassis bushes; i bought britpart replacements but since learned they may only last as little as  12 months, anyone had experiences with them be any good? Along with carb and a long list of other things...im no mechanic but used to figure stuff out and got a library of manuals to help me through..I actually enjoy that side too other than the bruises and cut fingers etc. I am also especially lucky to have Ian around for advice, he is such a super, decent and nice guy; a shame he doesn't own one any more although I repeatedly remind him and stand by that he can take this one out on his own or to a show any time he likes...

I guess like everyone i have high hopes of truest enjoying it to the full this summer...i sadly havent seen any series ever driving around over here, so if some does exist, be nice to reach out and connect, maybe go for runs out or get quizzical looks a t the local little car shows with them..

Anyhow nice forum you have here and and i get inspiration from reading the posts

Cheers

Russell

Matt H

Unless there are other Saskatchewan owners lurking on the forum Simon, Yoda and I in Medicine Hat would probably be your closest neighbours?
If you ever get the itch for a road trip we are usually around.
No Road Except For Land-Rover.

Qwerty

Hi Matt

Thanks for reply

Yes SK seems devoid of old LR's, curiously i notice that few give any attention to mine when its out and about, not that i got it for that reason but is maybe a tell of thier overall lack of popularity.

You have given me a mission to try and aim for, although it would need to be a journey  to be spread over 2 or 3 days. Probably plan stop offs also at cypress hills or something. As a former truck driver running a pike to Calgary, the hat was always a welcome oasis, particularly in bad weather! I always thought one day id like to stay at the classic motel near the lights at the hill. It would be good to get a few snaps of the LR in the company of a couple of other vehicles

Cheers for the invite !

binch

Were's Ian Coulsom hiding at!?!?    There should be a series 1 project out there somewhere    ;D
Cheers, Bill

Matt H

We used to go to Cypress Hills every May Long Weekend but it proved a little too far most of the gang to make the trip down from Edmonchuck.

The local crew occasionally do day trips out there though.
No Road Except For Land-Rover.

Rambler

Hi Bill,  still taking breaths, thank you.  Just very much in lock down 😣
1957 Series One 88", petrol

SOLD:
'Luna' - Series 2 88", petrol with full tilt, ('61) [Restoration complete in 2020]
'Tardis' - Series 3 88", petrol hard top ('74) .. last seen sunning itself in the Carolinas

BurbleBeast

I have seen a house in Macklin SK that had a beautiful 130 Hi-Cap (red). I haven't been down that way since the fall of last year, when the owner had it stripped to the chassis and had a second chassis rolled up behind it.
I am surprised that the local county mountie has not pulled me for doing a few drive-by looks every time I am in town, hoping to spot the owner.

binch

Quote from: BurbleBeast on May 06, 2021, 08:43 PM
I have seen a house in Macklin SK that had a beautiful 130 Hi-Cap (red). I haven't been down that way since the fall of last year, when the owner had it stripped to the chassis and had a second chassis rolled up behind it.
I am surprised that the local county mountie has not pulled me for doing a few drive-by looks every time I am in town, hoping to spot the owner.

That would be 'Bill'!   He's done a brilliant few mods on it with a pull out kitchen set up and a 270degree awning too.    If I'm not mistaken I thought he was building a second one for his wife.....but not sure.. :D
Cheers, Bill

BurbleBeast

Quote from: binch on May 06, 2021, 09:59 PM
That would be 'Bill'!   He's done a brilliant few mods on it with a pull out kitchen set up and a 270degree awning too.    If I'm not mistaken I thought he was building a second one for his wife.....but not sure.. :D

Good to know, thanks Bill! I am hoping to get out that way in the near future (assuming no more restrictions) so will keep an eye out on the progress that he has made.

Qwerty

That is good to know, thanks for the info, there is in theory the possibility of a Saskatchewan chapter meet being born...that is if two people can constitute a a "club" or "car show" lol but hey everything has to start somewhere ! Maybe i should put a sticker on the back of mine advising of this club...who knows people may then get in touch wanting to get rid of their land rovers possibly tucked away at least !

binch

If you build them...they will come  ;D
Cheers, Bill