old ALRE newsletters

Started by dkenner, February 27, 2021, 03:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dkenner

Good afternoon,

Ben Smith and I are trying to collect electronic copies of other Rover, or Land-Rover club newsletters. Over the years, random discussions with some past editors of Land-Rover club newsletters has revealed that they did not have copies of their own efforts.

For example, before he passed away, I talked with Trevor Easton about the Toronto Area Rover Club (TARC) newsletters, and he had none, yet he had produced quite a few.  
David Place in Manitoba never kept copies of Prairie Rover (the Manitoba club) about.

Before the turn of the century, most clubs did not have an internet presence, and even they, disc space was expensive, and scanners rare.  Most never scanned them into PDF and made them available.

Now, we are finding that many issues have simply vanished.  
We feel that it is important that these records of club activities in the past be preserved for future reference. In some cases, outside of Canada, records of access for off-roading, has preserved access to areas that would otherwise have been closed off. These newsletters are also records of a club scene from the past

Newsletters that are collected will eventually go onto the RoverWeb.org site.

If you are curious for some past newsletters, here are some from the Association of Land-Rover Owners of Canada (ALROC) - https://www.roverweb.org/NL/ALROC/index.html

Thank you,

Dixon Kenner
dkenner@gmail.com

1950, 51, & 52 80 inch, 1964 109 SW, 1976 101 FC

DBrands

I found issue 1-3 of the Transferbox in my stash. I'll see about getting them scanned for the cause.
David B

1990 D90 - 200TDI

dkenner

That would be excellent as it will leave us with just no. 25 missing. (#3 and the middle bunch have appeared, but not yet been scanned or received yet)

Thank you,

Dixon Kenner
1950, 51, & 52 80 inch, 1964 109 SW, 1976 101 FC

binch

It's good reading these old articles.....gives me some ideas again. ;)
Cheers, Bill