Spruce Island Lake Natural Area

Started by Gardenome, September 29, 2021, 08:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gardenome

Last year Jaxon and I went exploring in this area with the river while we were camping in the area. Had fun, got stuck, got unstuck. Didn't explore a lot as there was just the two of us in one vehicle.

Considering a trip up there this weekend if anyone else is interested. No promises on lengths of trails, difficulties or anything as I don't know the area but google maps shows cut lines and trails so I'm hopeful.

Anyone interested? Sorry for the short notice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

binch

This sounds like a great idea Ian!!!!  It's an area I haven't visited before and it's relatively close to Edmonton too.

Unfortunately I've been booked so I won't be able to join you.   Out of curiosity what were your general plans.......
Cheers, Bill

Gardenome

We could meet at the Dapp corner store and there is a small staging area where I'd like to start a bit farther north.  I just want to explore a bit and see what we find. I have a feeling these are trails used by skidoo's in the winter.

binch

Is this a weekend trip or day trip....? ???
Cheers, Bill

Gardenome

Just a day

binch

Yup, this sounds like a great day out  :(
Cheers, Bill

binch

Cheers, Bill

Gardenome

Jay's son Declan. You don't know them. They have a Ford ranger. Don't judge him.

binch

Looks like you had a spendid day out there ;)
Cheers, Bill

Gardenome

We were able to explore a long narrow trail meant for skidoos. We had to leave the Ford behind. Anything wider than my series wouldn't have fit. It impressed the friends as this was the first time they'd ever been in one.