shipping rates?

Started by ugly_90, February 03, 2021, 09:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ugly_90

I note lots in the news lately about problems with seacan shipping, due to high demand for empty cans in asia right now. I shipped in some truck parts from Alaska by road, and I had to pay some significant covid fees for that freight. I wonder if others are having issues generally as well.

binch

SeaCans are leaving china in record numbers for the EU but there is nothing being shipped back.   From the far east to the EU costs roughly $2000 usd for a 40'.   But the send them back apparently costs as much at $10000 usd....empty.    Shipping from the EU to Canada is still relatively inexpensive with rates up about 450-500 per cubic meter.     

Air cargo is much the same with the odd bit of gauging for covid fees.   But for the most part it's only change is there is no time guarantees right now and shipments are taking 3 extra days on average.    A lot of overflow freight that was shipped with the passenger airlines is no longer being moved that way so some freight is being left behind.    Not too big a deal as long as you aren't in a hurry. ;D
Cheers, Bill

B-Red

Some of the third party logistics companies are moving cargo faster and cheaper. Few online orders got delivered within 48 hours recently from the US.

New warehouses have opened in the NISKU area. Worth checking new alternate options for delivery.
Emad