Disco 2 !999 Front Blower Fan Resistor

Started by B-Red, November 23, 2020, 12:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

B-Red

My front blower fan stopped working on my Disco 2 1999. I replaced the fan but it still does not work. So, I am assuming the resistor is the next item to check. Does anybody have a spare part for a used resistor. Part number is JGN100010G. I can pick up within Edmonton area.
Emad

ugly_90

Did you measure the voltage at the fan terminals? across the resistor to ground? How much current is flowing when fan switched on?

B-Red

Quote from: ugly_90 on November 23, 2020, 12:58 PM
Did you measure the voltage at the fan terminals? across the resistor to ground? How much current is flowing when fan switched on?

I replaced the motor with new one with no luck. I hear a hum coming on when I turn switch on. Not much movement though. Did not check voltage or current

Lukester

B-Red - the 2000 disco 2 that just got listed at Edmonton PNP may have that resistor if you are still looking?

B-Red

Quote from: Lukester on December 19, 2020, 01:19 PM
B-Red - the 2000 disco 2 that just got listed at Edmonton PNP may have that resistor if you are still looking?

Thank you. I temporarily solved the problem by leasing a new car. Between the weather and work I ran out of time and patience. I will deal with it in the spring. Thank you for the tip.

Cheers