2020 Sean Green Memorial

Started by drewphil, September 14, 2020, 09:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drewphil

Fall is upon us so it's time for another Sean Green Memorial Trials Event.

All members enjoyed themselves tremendously at TORE (Total Off Road Experience - https://goo.gl/maps/8kE1Z3x7PuTQzs6Y8) last year so we are heading back there on Sunday, October 4th.

We would like to get a preliminary count.  Those who are interested please kindly reply to me (drewphil@telusplanet.net) with what vehicle(s) you will be driving, and how many people in each vehicle.

As in previous years, volunteers for setting up the event would be greatly appreciated.

Looking forward to seeing you there!

Cheers,
Andrew
Andrew W
ex 2005 LR3
ex 2011 RRS

binch

The annual Sean Green Memorial Trials was held yesterday with 12 vehicles entering and some 25 or 30 people participating.  Weather for the event was almost perfect, only dampened by a very light drizzle just after noon.   The event was turned around this year as there only 2 technical sections.  The remaining 3 sections were the:

- "blindfold section", where the driver was blindfolded and received his instructions from his passenger.  This was the first event everyone started on. 

- "reverse section", where the entire course was driven in reverse.   It's funny to watch a vehicle with 5 passengers in it and they are ALL looking out the back of the truck yelling instructions to the driver as they proceed to crush as many canes and they can.

- "the water section", where the course took the vehicle over some undulating terrain with a  container starting with 650ml of water on the bonnet.  The least amount of water remaining at the end ranged from 130ml to 480mil, which was quite impressive.

At the end of the day the Top Driver went to David Brandson in his D90 200tdi, and co-pilots Tucker & Shy.   But everyone out had a great day in the fresh air and lot of good laughs, while the driver's skills were challenged by the various courses.   

We won't mentioned who was the first driver of the day that got stuck on the way into the event ;-)     Or the second.........ahhahahhahahah

Great day out folks....thanks very much!!!!
Cheers, Bill

Gardenome

I had a great time and appreciate all the volunteers a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk