Stray wolves....

Started by Bargrip, August 30, 2020, 09:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bargrip

Fyi...Up for grabs again at Suffield,  two wolf 110s are for sale..
Bidding  is up around 12K..

Chad M

There is a whole pack of them lined up behind the strays...

Bargrip

Them two both sold for $30k each....
I remember buying a decent running N/A 110 from Adessa auctions in the mid 2000s for $750
30k seems high for a batus buggy..granted it is a wolf though..

Red90

Chad M

Stand by for them to appear on Kijiji @ $40k a piece.

Crazy indeed.

Bargrip

And the 3rd one went for $37k...
It would have been cheaper to import a nice straight one from the UK...lol

Alex C

import would be 2 owners 4 drivers

the DOD units have only had 1 owner and 329 drivers, obviously a better deal  :P
D90 200Tdi     67 S2a 88"

Matt H

A rebuilt "Beach-runner" ex-MOD 110" with a retro fit Rover V8 and a soft top just sold today for $110,000 US on the Bring A Trailer website! It's nice but nothing crazy special, I guess two rich guys must have got into a pissing contest? 
No Road Except For Land-Rover.

ugly_90

Pricing seems to have gotten away already again. There should be piles of these overseas still, I had heard tales of some Perentines in Aus baking away in the sun.. It wouldn't cost $32K to land one of those on my driveway...

Red90

Quote from: ugly_90 on October 07, 2020, 12:52 PM
I had heard tales of some Perentines in Aus baking away in the sun.. It wouldn't cost $32K to land one of those on my driveway...

There have been ones for sale in Canada with asking prices of $20k that sat around unsold forever.  They are a much better vehicle than a Wolf.

binch

But so far it's a turn key and drive away.....but avro green paint all over that engine...scary
Cheers, Bill

Red90

Quote from: binch on October 07, 2020, 10:34 PM
But so far it's a turn key and drive away.....

That is what they tell you.  But you are not allowed to see the vehicle. Could you imagine pay new car money on a beat up BATUS truck with never seeing or driving it?  88000 km at BATUS is a big number!  Complete insanity.

Red90

Another.  https://www.gcsurplus.ca/mn-eng.cfm?snc=wfsav&sc=enc-bid&scn=371879&lcn=520363&lct=L&srchtype=&lci=&str=1&lotnf=1&frmsr=1&sf=ferm-clos

This one is a lot more basic, but still being bid up to the same high numbers.

QuoteVehicle starts with boost but does not stay running

binch

Oh, I agree with you John.   I think those prices are ridiculous especially since you can't get a good look at them.   Jim Y in Edmonton bought a wolf 90 and got a turn the key runner, and paid a reasonable dollar for it too!   But he got lucky....If I'm not mistaken his brother bought a second one and he ended up with all the problems the first one was missing.   One issue they found out with Jim's truck a few years after they had been driving it was both radius arms had been bent to the right, causing a slight alignment issue and some premature wearing of some parts.    But thankfully there was a RRC being salvaged locally and two replacement radius arms were sourced by Santa Claus  ::)

You know that these trucks have lived a very hard life and there just has to be some problems with them.   That second unit has a brand new speedo in it....that will do very well when the lipstick is applied and the truck is resold.   Nice roll cage too.   Ahhhh yes...the dreams are still there ;)
Cheers, Bill