SGMT at Bruderheim

Started by rutmaster, August 16, 2015, 05:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

rutmaster

Hello All,

As promised here are the details for the SGMT that will be held on Saturday, Sep 26th

The stages are longer than what you have been accustomed to from previous events and the level of difficulty has been raised a notch or two to challenge the driver and increase the level of excitement for the spectators.

Event General Outline:

08:00: Advance group depart Humpty's in Fort Saskatchewan
08:30: Advance Group begin setting up the stages

09:00: Main party meet at Humpty’s in Fort Saskatchewan 
10:00: Main Party departs for Bruderheim
10:30: Drivers briefing at Bruderheim
10:45: SGMT begins

12:00 â€" 13:00: Lunch Break

13:00 â€" 15:30 SGMT
15:30: Awards

Due to the low number of entrants this will be a self catering event (bring your own thermos, edibles, and lunch) and a mix of warm and cold/wet weather clothing as the Mother Nature can be unpredictable at this time of year.

Please let me know if you can be part of the Advance Group.

Trevor

I can help with the setup Norm
"You will be hollow. We shall squeeze you empty, and then we shall fill you with ourselves."
― George Orwell, 1984

Freedom Convoy Truckers -- Canadian Heroes!
Justin Trudeau --Enemy of the People!

3Rovers

I can lend a hand too Norman. Along with my partner Lydia.
Glen

Trevor

A thread worth reading. It appears that our government, in its infinite idiocy, strikes again...

http://www.na4wda.com/forums/showthread.php?3179-Bruderheim

"You will be hollow. We shall squeeze you empty, and then we shall fill you with ourselves."
― George Orwell, 1984

Red90

3 years ago.  A PRA that allows ATV use.  Weirdness.  Maybe best to send rutmaster a direct note.

Trevor

Good idea, just sent Norm a PM.

I would actually like to get a ticket for this so I could get it into court and validate our usage under the law. The definition of an OHV vehicle, as it applies to 4x4's, does not exclude our vehicles from using the area.
― George Orwell, 1984

Red90

True. Normally they specifically add a limit on weight or width that forces the issue.

B-Red

I did some calling around today to Alberta Parks and narrowed it down to the Conservation Officer in charge looking after the Bruderheim area. He is based out of the Black Foot Conservation area, West Staging area. It comes down to filling out an event application and getting approval for it. It gives them the info they need to give us permission to use it as this is an event.
As for the area where we have the pond and the sand, that area is private land, not covered by the Alberta Parks.

I am still trying to get hold of the conservation officer and will try to get a copy of the application.

I think its over due that the various clubs involved in this sport start getting together for a meeting to review alliances and hold talks with the powers to be. I liked how the Waraborus trail is laid out...did not use it before that.

At the end of the day, we can all enjoy the land. cheers.

Trevor

Nice work tracking that down Emad. Whether or not they approve the permit will be interesting. However one thing caught my eye in your comments, and that is the sand dune area is outside the Park. Looking at Google Maps, the Park area is quite small, assuming it is an accurate representation. Based on that, the section we use appears to be outside the Park. So this could be a non-issue.
― George Orwell, 1984

Red90

Map is here:  http://www.albertaparks.ca/media/124848/455.pdf  What is shown in Google maps is not correct.

I hope Emad is not correct in "we are on private land"....  We want to be on public land.

binch

Quote from: Red90 on September 09, 2015, 11:54 AM
Map is here:  http://www.albertaparks.ca/media/124848/455.pdf  What is shown in Google maps is not correct.

I hope Emad is not correct in "we are on private land"....  We want to be on public land.

This is all very interesting as I always thought it was a oil and gas lease, where the outfit holding the lease was allowing the access to the land.    We've had discussion with the company before and they were quite amiable to us being out there.    clear as mud isn't it all!
Cheers, Bill

Red90

I drew an outline of the park on the aerial image, attached.  Where do we go?  I'm guessing the are to the SE of the park.

B-Red

The area by HWY 830 where the pond is located is a private land according to the Conservation officer. Access and use was not restricted by the owner during last years events in the area. The area where we did our winching clinic may fall under the park range. I am curious to see how this will play out. The current confusion is due tot he lack of legislation that is clear in what is what. I am hoping that we can use this towards more stewardship in the future another trails and access areas.

Trevor

The area I wrapped in blue is where, I believe, we had our track setup last year. So it appears for the purposes of this event, we are not in the Park area.

― George Orwell, 1984

Red90

Okay.  That 1/4 section has no titles registered to it, so should just be regular crown land.