Previous topic - Next topic

craigellis

thanks for everyone's help on my soft top issues
my latest issue are worn out rubbers in my master cylinder
does anyone know where to source a master cylinder kit

thanks
craig

Rambler

Hi Craig, these master cylinders are rare as hens teeth, and super expensive brand new.  If your old one is good there is a uk company who will hone the cylinder and line with stainless steel. But sit down before you ask them how much.  Seal kits are available if you hone out the bore yourself.  Try Dunsfold in the UK. 
Alternatively purchase an Series 2 master cylinder and fit that (the CB type for the 88").  Bill at the club can order this from britpart. It will fit your S1 but you need to drill a new hole in the chassis to fit.  The push rod might not be the right length, so keep the old one.  Also the old Master has 3 hole mounts the new just 2, but it's much cheaper...  this is the route I am taking.
Good luck.
1957 Series One 88", petrol

SOLD:
'Luna' - Series 2 88", petrol with full tilt, ('61) [Restoration complete in 2020]
'Tardis' - Series 3 88", petrol hard top ('74) .. last seen sunning itself in the Carolinas

Rambler

1957 Series One 88", petrol

SOLD:
'Luna' - Series 2 88", petrol with full tilt, ('61) [Restoration complete in 2020]
'Tardis' - Series 3 88", petrol hard top ('74) .. last seen sunning itself in the Carolinas

craigellis

thanks for the information