Travel to bc anyone

Started by Rambler, May 19, 2020, 08:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rambler

Good evening.  There are some S1 doors up for grabs in BC that I'd love to have for my new series 1 project.  The person won't ship, and we in SK are told not to travel, especially not out of province (mainly my work rules).  Can I ask if anyone is plannin g on travelling to and from BC in the next little while, (specifically near whistler or Vancouver) and who might be able to ferry some parts over to Alberta please.  I would help out with fuel costs, etc.  Thanks.  Ian
1957 Series One 88", petrol

SOLD:
'Luna' - Series 2 88", petrol with full tilt, ('61) [Restoration complete in 2020]
'Tardis' - Series 3 88", petrol hard top ('74) .. last seen sunning itself in the Carolinas

binch

oooohhhh that's a tough one.    Maybe try the roverlanders forum Ian.
Cheers, Bill

Red90

I'm not sure if I'd be brave enough to drive to the coast with Alberta plates right now.

camo388

I have a set of Series 1 doors here too.  I'm closer, just near Drayton Valley, AB.  Too bad the buses aren't running it would be easy to throw them on for you.

Bruce

Rambler

Thanks everyone.   I appreciate your thoughtful words and suggestions.  I'm trying to save the parts from the wrecker.  And hoped to use these on my S1 as part of its rebuild. 

All the best
Ian

SOLD:
'Luna' - Series 2 88", petrol with full tilt, ('61) [Restoration complete in 2020]
'Tardis' - Series 3 88", petrol hard top ('74) .. last seen sunning itself in the Carolinas

ugly_90

assuming the purchase price is really low for the entire BC wreck from the yard, and if the unit is rare, and it's a light load, you might examine the costs of hauling the entire unit out to your driveway and breaking it there. You might try to get a quote from uship.com, as I did. I expect your haulage costs on an empty backhaul via a pickup and trailer might be $900? The purchase price of wreck may be $300? After you pull the doors off is there still $1200 in parts left to sell off easily or not?

Rambler

Thanks for the helpful suggestion re the S1 parts.  Sadly it's not a wreck, just someone clearing out parts.  Hopefully someone local can save them before it goes to scrap.
Best wishes

SOLD:

TimberPig

Quote from: Rambler on May 20, 2020, 05:10 PM
Thanks for the helpful suggestion re the S1 parts.  Sadly it's not a wreck, just someone clearing out parts.  Hopefully someone local can save them before it goes to scrap.
Best wishes

You're ahead of me Ian.

I asked about shipping the lamp guards, he didn't even reply to me.

I'm 5 hours away and hate seeing good parts scrapped, but I can't do a 10 hour trip hauling two kids to grab them.

Really hoping someone can grab them and save them.

Kevin