Started by alany, August 06, 2015, 10:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

alany

No worries Matt.

Thanks for letting me know.

alany

Hi Folks,

Just wanted to give an update on the LR Edmonton Wheels event (Sept 20). Here are the folks that I have heard back from that can make it. If you are able to, please confirm the vehicle you are bringing and the recovery equipment on it so I have an idea of potentially where to deploy folks and also I will need to know how many people in your party that will be coming so that I can pass that along to the dealer for their food arrangements.

If you want to volunteer for the event but not on this list, let me know and I'll add you. Can't have too many helpers (I'll find something for you to do). :)

Also, something I'm doing different for this year's event is that I have asked the dealer to spend some time with me a day or two before the event to go over the new LR's so that I have a sense of recovery points and technology. I will then pass this information onto the volunteers (especially the folks on the trails side) so that we understand the vehicles and are able to properly guide customers.

NAME                       TRUCK                           PARTY#
Badiuk, Dell              D1 
El-Zein, Emad          D110 or Lightweight 
Heathcote, Dave      D110 
Heathcote, Mike       Series III 
Leir, Brendan           D2 
Mandrusiak, Kerwin  D1 and LR3                           2
Millar, Glen               D90 
Mullin, Mark              D2 
Smallhorn, Jeffrey     D110 
Ward, Nick                LR2                                       2
Wong, Andrew          RRS 
Yim, Alan                  D110                                     1
Yim, Carie                 LR3                                        2

B-Red

What a day. Great turn out by the newbies in their shiny Range Rovers.
The drizzle of rain maid the trails quite the challenge for street tyres. Slip slide was the common theme of the day.
Thank you Alan for coordinating this event. We had a great time.
Now, winter is coming. Get snow tyres on everybody. Even a mighty Rangerover gets stuck without proper tyres.

alany

Yup, second Emad's comments. It was overcast, drizzly but a great day! There was no lack of enthusiasm from the customers and the club members did great in our support role including a dramatic recovery (looked worse that it was and the driver handled it all in stride - she should consider joining the club with that kind of coolness). I'll post a few pics of that recovery.

alany

Quote from: alany on September 20, 2015, 08:07 PM
Yup, second Emad's comments. It was overcast, drizzly but a great day! There was no lack of enthusiasm from the customers and the club members did great in our support role including a dramatic recovery (looked worse that it was and the driver handled it all in stride - she should consider joining the club with that kind of coolness). I'll post a few pics of that recovery.

I like the second photo where you see the driver hanging on by the grab hold...

alany

alany

Professor Norman and Super Del to the rescue! Is that why your truck is red Del? Some kind of subliminal cape?

B-Red

Not to forget, Bill in his D90 and Kerein in nis D1 did a great job winching an L4 unit that was completely submerged in mud. While the LR4 was the heavy duty off-road version, it has city tyres that did not help much. Kerein's Super winch saved the day for that LR4.

binch

sounds like  a great outing?   Hope they said thank you this time ;)
Cheers, Bill

alany

Yup, Shawn definitely thanked us and donated a gift (LR carry on luggage) to us which I gave to Del for next week's SGMT.

alany

Great photos Lloyd! Thanks for loading them for us to see.

binch

Yah!  Great photos Lloyd....nice vivid colours there and lots of muck too!

How was lunch????
Cheers, Bill

lropchan

Emad pointed out that some of my photos were missing. In fact 65 were not there. So, there are 65 more now. Including this one.

2015-09-20_12-36-20 by lropchan, on Flickr

alany