LR parts shortage?

Started by ugly_90, March 20, 2020, 06:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ugly_90

It seems JLR is in talks with the UK government now to build respirators at their idled plants. I'll rather take the Toyota-produced respirator, as I don't want it to break down on me 🤣

JLR has already had parts supply problems from China on many of their parts weeks ago? Aside other logistics, will critical genuine spares soon affect LR owners here? Aftermarket may be available for awhile longer.

Matt H

At the end of the world there will be cockroaches and old Land Rovers still alive.

The ability to keep moving regardless of missing limbs or broken components is the hallmark of any self respecting apocalypse survival unit.

Myself, I'll be cashing out as soon as the beer and teabags run out. But I have every confidence my 110 will still be chugging along long after it all hits the fan.  8)

No Road Except For Land-Rover.

binch

Quote from: Matt H on March 20, 2020, 09:20 PM
At the end of the world there will be cockroaches and old Land Rovers still alive.

The ability to keep moving regardless of missing limbs or broken components is the hallmark of any self respecting apocalypse survival unit.

Myself, I'll be cashing out as soon as the beer and teabags run out. But I have every confidence my 110 will still be chugging along long after it all hits the fan.  8)

Cockroaches, old land rover and keith Richards!!!!!!      ROFL

Cheers, Bill

Rambler

1957 Series One 88", petrol

SOLD:
'Luna' - Series 2 88", petrol with full tilt, ('61) [Restoration complete in 2020]
'Tardis' - Series 3 88", petrol hard top ('74) .. last seen sunning itself in the Carolinas

headdamage

Some of the mail order rover parts outfits in the UK are closing down for the time being.

TJay

Ya I checked Paddock Spares out today and they are closed for mail order until further notice, seemed like LR Parts and LR Direct are still open.

binch

Britpart, Bearmach and LR are all open under skeleton staff, filling Military and commercially important orders.   Everything else is done if time allows.   Exmoor trim shut down as well.    I'm hoping like heck Breedon & Gell are still open. :-[
Cheers, Bill

rutmaster

"I'm hoping like heck Breedon & Gell are still open".... Does this mean that the boat order has still to be shipped?

binch

I checked with john today and Breedon and Gell are still open.    Last I heard the freight hasn't moved from their loading docks at BP or BM yet and it's been sitting there waiting for K&N to pick it up.  Not at all sure about that right now but IF anything is moving it's moving at a snails pace in the UK right now.   They are locking things down pretty good there.

It's going to be a wait n sea game me thinks.
Cheers, Bill