Southern Rockies Exploration Week - 2020 Edition

Started by Red90, February 04, 2020, 09:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

headdamage

Sounds like the Covid situation is deteriorating somewhat in BC. Don't think it will interfere with the trip yet. I think there are some fire bans incoming for the SW of Alberta as well.

Red90

Quote from: headdamage on August 08, 2020, 08:30 PM
Sounds like the Covid situation is deteriorating somewhat in BC. Don't think it will interfere with the trip yet. I think there are some fire bans incoming for the SW of Alberta as well.
I've been in the Kootenays all week. More than half the cars are out of province. Nobody cares and nobody is practicing any social distancing. The amount of people is probably half of a normal year.

B-Red

I decided to pull out of the trip this week. After a round trip in one day to Wabasca few days ago I realized that my body is saying stay home. It's important to be aware of your physical health and body stress tolerances. COVID-19 generated a significant amount of mental stress on us due to work, family, lockdowns and masks.
Enjoy the trip fellows

headdamage

Who all is still in? I'm good to go unless no one else is going.

Red90

Quote from: headdamage on August 15, 2020, 11:44 PM
Who all is still in? I'm good to go unless no one else is going.
Everything is a go. Meet in one week.  The road to the meeting spot was freshly graded last week.

headdamage

Red90

We are back home. Finished early so headed out today. Will put together pictures and a report over the weekend.

binch

Holy cow!!!   I thought you were leaving this weekend....not last.  ahahhah  good memory Bill   LOL

I look forward to hearing all about the trip John  ;)
Cheers, Bill

Red90

A quick upload of my photos.  The other guys got a bunch and I'll try to get them all together in this album.

https://flic.kr/s/aHsmQoLQHy

Trevor

"You will be hollow. We shall squeeze you empty, and then we shall fill you with ourselves."
― George Orwell, 1984

Freedom Convoy Truckers -- Canadian Heroes!
Justin Trudeau --Enemy of the People!

binch

Some great pics there John!    I particularly enjoyed the dogs....always bring a smile to my face ;-)

A good photo of Andrew's 90(?) from the back, showing some good articulation.

The springs....were they luke warm or pretty warm?

The area looked very dry too....was that the case?

Looking forward to the write up!   Looked like another great trip of yours ;)
Cheers, Bill

Red90

Ram springs was pretty warm and Wildhorse luke.

Dry in some areas, wet in others. It was sunny for most of the trip. Two short showers was it for the week.

headdamage

Tried out a new option for small portable camping system when on an off road trip this past week. Not bad but the tent on the cot is a little small for me.

Red90

I've added DBrands' photos to the Flickr album.

binch

Cheers, Bill