Great American Rover Rally.

Started by Matt H, December 01, 2019, 05:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt H

September 14th to 18th 2020. Moab, Utah. USA.

It is a combined event in Moab with the Solihull Society's LRNR and the Western National Land Rover Rally. Joy and I are registered + two of the kids. I will likely take the Defender 110.

https://www.greatamericanroverrally.com/

Anyone else interested in going?

We will be staying at the St Danes cabins again.

https://www.stdanescabins.com/
No Road Except For Land-Rover.

Matt H

RALLIES OF YORE
Combining the experience and success of the Western National Land Rover Rallies and Solihull Society's National Land Rover Rallies.  This event aims to bring you the largest Land Rover enthusiast gathering in the USA.  The vast amount of trails, variety of difficulty and breathtaking views at every turn are sure to make this event an unforgettable experience for the entire family!
Make sure to follow us on your preferred social media platform to receive the latest developments!

Taken from the GARR website.

Trevor

I'm in Matt. I should be living fulltime down in Grand Junction, CO by this time so this one is pretty easy for me.
"You will be hollow. We shall squeeze you empty, and then we shall fill you with ourselves."
― George Orwell, 1984

Freedom Convoy Truckers -- Canadian Heroes!
Justin Trudeau --Enemy of the People!

Matt H

That's great Trevor! Looking forward to catching up with you again.
Moab is fast becoming one of my favourite places on earth. Such epic scenery and an endless list of things to do.

Trevor

Yessir, it's pretty hard to beat Moab. I can't get enough of hte place :)
"You will be hollow. We shall squeeze you empty, and then we shall fill you with ourselves."
― George Orwell, 1984

Trevor

Matt, when are you and Joy planning on arriving in Moab? Are you there for the rally only, or are you planning on arriving a bit early?

I think Dawna will probably join us, and then we're going to head over to Telluride for the Blues festival following the LR rally. But I'll have time before the rally to extend the trip if you were so inclinded.
― George Orwell, 1984

Matt H

Hi Trevor, we are booked in at the St Danes cabin Sunday 13th September through Saturday 19th. Sadly that is all the time I could swing as we had a few other things on the go this year. I would have loved to spend a few extra days down there though.
I hope Dawna decides to comes along, it will be really nice to meet her.

Trevor

Sounds good Matt, I'll get a cabin booked for that time as well.
― George Orwell, 1984

Matt H

Due to the ongoing COVID 19 restrictions The Great American Rover Rally has been canceled.
Plans are to reschedule for the fall 2021.

☹️