Tailgate - wanted

Started by Red90, December 06, 2019, 01:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Red90

Looking for a tailgate from a Series or Defender and associated bits.  If you have something that you want to part with, send me a PM. 

headdamage

Red90

SpeedyJ

There was an NOS one on the Series Land Rover North America Only Swapmeet Facebook group a day or two ago. Not local, but not beat up either.

Red90

You can buy them new for not a lot of money. I'm trying to avoid the shipping cost by getting one locally.

ugly_90

I think I'm down to only one needed tailgate now. I sold a well worn exmod 110 tailgate to a fellow in BC for $175 or $200 if I recall. It seems straight ones are getting rarer to find nowdays.

Rambler

Today was listed a decent, but not mint (not mine) series 2A tailgate on guns and rover's.  The guy wanted $250 usd plus shipping   ::)
Perhaps sourcing one from the uk will be cheaper.  I noted Rocky Mountain in BC has no stock of the new ones.

Good luck in your search.
1957 Series One 88", petrol

SOLD:
'Luna' - Series 2 88", petrol with full tilt, ('61) [Restoration complete in 2020]
'Tardis' - Series 3 88", petrol hard top ('74) .. last seen sunning itself in the Carolinas

Red90

Yes.  More than new price is a bit silly!  I don't think Ray is making the tailgates anymore.  I suppose I should check with him.