wanna help stripping down the RRC Saturday, Oct 19???

Started by binch, October 03, 2019, 10:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

binch

sorry folks...had to move it...

NEW DATE...tentatively Oct 19 now.

It's time to strip down the 1993 RRC and send the remnants to the scrappers.    The goal is to pull the engine & ancillaries for David Menard and to pull the axles out for David Brandson.    We'll save some of the glass for spares along with the cup holders and heater box for myself, seat belts from Craig Hockley.    The work will be done inside, with access to air tools and an overhead crane... But we could use a few extra hands getting the job done in short order.

If you can spare a bit of time on Saturday, Oct 19th to pull some wrenches then we would be happy to accept your help.   Please let me know if you can help and I'll send the details for the work.     Sorry....we had to rebook from Oct 11th to OCT 19th due to time conflicts. 

cheers, Bill
Cheers, Bill

Gardenome

I'd be interested. Send details.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

binch

I'll send out the info mid week when we confirm the trailer for moving the vehicle to the warm shop ;-)
Cheers, Bill

3Rovers

Keep me in the loop too. I should be around to help.

binch

Cheers, Bill

binch

Okay...We have the truck & Trailer for the Oct 19th weekend so the game is on!!!!!

What we need to do is:

- Pull the engine, gearbox, diesel heater and ancillaries, for David Menard.   
- Pull the axles off for David Brandson.
- Pull the RHD steering box off for David Lovelock
- Pull the heater box, seat belts and glass off for me.

The rest will go to the scrap yard.  We have access to a nice warm, dry shop to use on Saturday and Sunday to work in too.

We plan on having the RRC loaded up on the trailer on Friday evening and drop it off at the shop.   We will begin working at 9am Saturday morning with the idea of going until 5pm or so.   We should get it done in that time and if we don't we can come back for a few hours on Sunday if need be.

If you have a few hours you can donate to the cause it would be greatly appreciated   ;-)

If you are interested and need more details please send me a MP with your email address so I can add it to the RRC project contact list???   I would like to send all the correspondence out through that from now.

;D
cheers, Bill
Cheers, Bill

binch

Well...there's four of us so far, on Saturday.    soon the carnage will begin!!!
Cheers, Bill

Gardenome

My friend Sam expressed some interest in coming as well if he can get free.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

binch

Great!   He's most welcome to join us in getting dirty!!! 8)
Cheers, Bill

Gardenome

Gardenome

binch

LOL   What a great day!!!   We got the engine, gearbox, t-case, axles pwr steering box, all the glass, wheels and just piles of stuff done today.    The carcass was put back on the truck and will be headed for the scrap yard this week.    The folks that came out made light work of this project and I can't begin to thank them enough for all their help!!!!

Glen, Ian, Dave M., Dave B and his father Larry, myself and Tose made a brief appearance since his concrete pour got cancelled.    Bjorn came by too!!!   It was great to see him again!   He invited us out to their new food truck after we were done, so Dave M and I went over....HOLY COW!!!!   So much to choose from and what we had was amazing!!!!

Yup....that turned out to be a Great Day spinning wrenches!!!!
Cheers, Bill

binch

Well....David B. dropped the carcass off at the scrap yard today :(    But I've gained a huge amount of real estate on the drive way now.   Now to take the other old RRC front and rear axles to the scrap too....and it'll be done ;-)
Cheers, Bill