SGMT (Sean Green Memorial Trials)

Started by 3Rovers, August 23, 2019, 10:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Matt H

I love to come up for this but got too much happening in October/November this year and that snow storm had me burn up the weekend fixing the Snow Plows instead taking care of my stuff.

Pesky job.
No Road Except For Land-Rover.

binch

Looks like we are going to be having a bit of very nice weather for Sunday.     The trails to the south have had a good week to dry out a bit so some of the wetter low lying trails should be accessible to us.   Looking forward to a good day out with everyone  ;)
Cheers, Bill

binch

It was a perfect day out at T.O.R.E. for the SGMT today....couldn't have asked for better weather!!!   The blindfold challenge was a real hoot and watching drivers navigate through the 10 gates with a pot of water on their bonnet was hilarious.  The driver with the most amount of water in the end won.   It was a tie for that one with Curtis and David tying.   But I still can't figure out how they finished with more water then they started!?!??!    And watching the pot of water on top of the diesel was hilarious as it looked like the water was boiling as it bounced around to the rattle of the of the engine

David Lovelock's niece Deanna (sp?) visiting from New Zealand was in her first trials...at 14.    She was having a blast!    First place, the SGMT trophy and the honour of setting up next years event goes to Curis Wong, driving his dad's (Andrew) RRS.    Yup, it was a great day out!!!

A big thanks to Glen Millar (last years winner) for setting this all up....well done sir!!!!

I'm sure Lloyd will be posting some great photos soon too.

;)
Cheers, Bill

lropchan

Well, Lloyd thought he had posted some pictures. But, it appears clicking the post button was too difficult last night.

This is just the first few, there are over 350 to process. It'll take a few days.

Here's the facebook (if you are on facebook) album with the photos. Credit to David Menard for some of them.
https://www.facebook.com/lloydropchan/media_set?set=a.2732767896754676&type=3

If you're not a facebooker, I'll put them on Google photos tomorrow (assuming I remember).

binch

Cheers, Bill

lropchan

Link to Google Photos
https://photos.app.goo.gl/c7GfH3Xwm7gpZwcW6

There's only a few there right now. Still processing the rest.

3Rovers

Thanks Lloyd! A great record of a fun day!! 8)

binch

Great Job Lloyd!!!    Some really good photos there..... ;D
Cheers, Bill

Matt H

Thanks for sharing. Looks like a fun day.
No Road Except For Land-Rover.