Lac La Biche weekend CHANGED TO SEPT 21/22

Started by binch, August 18, 2019, 03:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

binch

NOTE DATE CHANGE SEPT 21/22
Sorry folks....I have to change the dates to a later Sept date.
-------------------------------------------
Hey gang,

A couple of weeks ago Lloyd, Toze, Curtis & Nicole (and family) went on a bit of an exploratory trip up on the Old Wagon Trail (Conklin winter road) to see what was available able up that way.  Turned out there is quite a bit to offer from wildlife, fishing, canoeing, trails, etc.    So I thought why not try to get another trip up into that area again.   The idea is to head up there Friday evening (Sept 20th) and depending on the group we'll go from there.

Can I get an idea of who is interested in this trip please?     Once we have some bodies we'll plan our demise from there....

So please......let me know you thoughts folks?

cheers, Bill ;)
Cheers, Bill

pechanec

You know we're in Bill. 😃

Sent from my XP7700 using Tapatalk

binch

what's up....everyone put their landy's away for the winter already....?!??!?! ???
Cheers, Bill

DBrands

I'm still interested.  ;)
David B

1990 D90 - 200TDI

Trevor

Quote from: binch on August 25, 2019, 08:24 PM
what's up....everyone put their landy's away for the winter already....?!??!?! ???

Going goose hunting that weekend!
"You will be hollow. We shall squeeze you empty, and then we shall fill you with ourselves."
― George Orwell, 1984

Freedom Convoy Truckers -- Canadian Heroes!
Justin Trudeau --Enemy of the People!

binch

I screwed up on the original dates and have to reschedule this trip for Sept 21/22 weekend.

Hope that works for folks...  ;)
Cheers, Bill

pechanec

What is the plan for this weekend??

Sent from my XP7700 using Tapatalk

binch

Well be leaving Friday and returning Sunday evening.     So far it's the Pechanics, Bill, Dave B and Tose & Derek coming out this time.   

I'm going to send a note around and find out when everyone can get away and sort out where what details the group can work with :-)

Cheers, Bill

binch

We had brilliant weather for this trip and the leaves are all at their brightest now, in  the LLB area.    In fact, when we went out for our run this morning is was snowing yellow from the poplars and the birch!!! 

We didn't have time to find the trail east from the Conklin winter road to Hwy 881 as we ran short on time  on Saturday.   But that didn't change the fun we had!!!   Saturday we went looking for the fire tower and air strip and I drove straight past it...didn't even notice it!   But we continued on a trail we had done a few weeks back on the reccee trip to the area.    We thought the trail would dead end at a muskeg or something but it just kept going!!!  At one point we stopped to feast on the MASSIVE blue berry crop and decided amongst us...in for a penny in for a pound!!!   So we kept going west....right onto Hwy 63!?!?!    Well that was a surprise....and a great deal of fun too!   At one point we came across a family that had come in by quad and set up their camp on the edge of a lovely stream.    The father came out and called to us across the river "where are you coming from?"   I told him the Conklin Road and his eyes opened up and he said surprisingly "That's an awful long way!?!??"

We had a random campsite overlooking one of the many, many lakes in this area....and the sun came up on the far side of the lake, to perfectly clear skies.....absolutely brilliant!!!!   I only wish I brought my canoe to go play in for a bit!  The hunters are out in full force as well....

We saw one very fat black bear (400+lbs), a bunch of whitetail, lots of grouse, two skunks (alive at that), some beaver, a variety of ducks, geese, a bald eagle took off right in front of my 110 as I was driving down too.   Yup, this area sure has a lot to offer us.

We are going to have to go back up again and see if we can find the trail from the old borrow pit to Hwy 881 next.   If we can than we'll have found a traverse all the way from hwy 63 to hwy 881.   Kool!

Nicole put on a great dinner on Saturday evening too!!!   Not hungry bellies this morning.    And Saturday Nicole and Curtis picked two large ice cap size cups of blue berries in about 5 minutes.    But not to worries.   Based on the quanity and volumes of the bear scat we saw they have found LOTS and LOTS to eat this year.

Great fun with Curtis, Nicole and Chris Dave B.   

;D
Cheers, Bill

binch

I was just thinking.....Trevor's CT would have made for some great pics up in that area, with the colour of the forests now!    Would be well worth it for future sales pics  ;)
Cheers, Bill

DBrands

Even though I set camp up in the dark both nights, it was a lot of fun! Thanks for the great weekend of exploring.

David B

1990 D90 - 200TDI

DBrands

David B

1990 D90 - 200TDI

DBrands

David B

1990 D90 - 200TDI

DBrands

David B

1990 D90 - 200TDI

DBrands