TRS show and shine

Started by headdamage, June 28, 2019, 12:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Red90

Quote from: binch on June 29, 2019, 09:48 PM
Quote from: Red90 on June 29, 2019, 01:13 PM
They won't let you buy a new Defender without an instagram account.

You're not serious are you :o

How else can they verify that you are a self employed adventurer when they sell you a 110? ;)

Trevor

Quote from: B-Red on June 29, 2019, 02:51 PM
If you are worried about big brother watching you, then you are already in if you have an internet account or a smart phone.

As the BORG collective says: Assimilate

You are entirely incorrect regarding internet ISP accounts. There are many ways to protect, spoof and decieve those that gather data and surveil.

However, recarding cell phones, if you have an Android or an iphone, you are 100% correct. You cannot turn off the tracking function, you cannot turn off the listening function (in the newer models). It tracks your location, and stores that data. It hears everything you say and records that, stores it, and mines the data. Hence why you get adds for things you were recently talking to someone about.

In the digital universe, all phone calls are open. If I can get the packet stream (and that's REALLY easy today), I can read everything you say. Cell companies keep this data for periods of time (in Europe its 2 years by law).

Email is open text. Unless you're going through a secure server (i.e. Blackberry waqs the main secure offering...and that's why it got killed by the governments of the world, governments could not easily spy on it) I can read everything you send from your Android or iPhone. Far more importantly, any Unix email relay server on the planet has a "journaling" function that allows the owner of that to identify and store the emails...from anyone, to anyone...again, provided it is not encypted. And I assure you, no one here is running an encyption routine on their email.

Many tell me "I have nothing to hide, why should I worry?" Or, "The government has my best interest at heart (which causes me great boughts of laughter at the issuers expense, so please don't stop that), what's the problem?"

Re-read what I posted in the paragraphs above...

Now imagine yourself living in north-central Europe around the middle of the last century with this sort of basic surveillance going on

...now imagine your Jewish

....yeah, thought so.

Thinking issues like this are insignificant or irrelevant come at the expense of society generally...but then I guess that's why things have gone as far as they have, the sheeple can't be bothered to give a damn. Just don't interupt the pablum feedings.

"You will be hollow. We shall squeeze you empty, and then we shall fill you with ourselves."
― George Orwell, 1984

Freedom Convoy Truckers -- Canadian Heroes!
Justin Trudeau --Enemy of the People!